Gas Cooker Repair

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Tue 12 Feb, 16:29

Thank you, Hannen. Alas, loads of Gas Safe Engineers don't touch cookers, & some of the ones that do gas cookers won't touch Smeg. In addition, most cooker repair specialists won't touch gas.

After much phoning around & a few recommendations that did not work out, I have located a firm in Banbury (Gas Tech) which will fit the spare part that I have ordered from e-spares once it actually arrives. The British Gas engineer also recommended the Gas Safe website Local Heroes which I might use in future. 

Hannen Beith

Tue 12 Feb, 13:09 (last edited on Tue 12 Feb, 13:10)

I see that John Shaw is a registered Gas Safe Engineer.

Phone: 01608 819096 Email:

I don't know about dual fuel.  Might be worth a call...

Christine Battersby

Wed 6 Feb, 13:26

Please has anyone any recommendations for a local firm that is Gas Safe registered and does dual fuel cooker repairs for an old Smeg cooker. It's the gas oven that needs attention, & British Gas has now changed its policy on repairing old cookers. Thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2019. Contributions are the opinion of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.