White powder in Centenary Wood and Quarry Lane

Alan F Harrison
👍

Wed 30 Jan 2019, 18:42

Enter the open area and wooded pathways from the end of Ticknell Piece Road and numerous arrows and other daubs of spraycan white paint. Looks dreadful

Amanda
👍

Wed 30 Jan 2019, 12:04

Great News! So glad it's just flour and not poison as I know last year Witney dog walkers had issues with dig poisioning.

helen gleeson
👍

Tue 29 Jan 2019, 17:44

It was indeed the Bicester Hash House Harriers .
Check their web site Bicesterh3.com Very friendly . Walk or Run from a pub every Sunday morning at 11am .
Very friendly and they encourage new members and visitors . Totally mad , great fun and dogs most welcome .

Charlie M
👍

Tue 29 Jan 2019, 17:00

It was indeed runners and chasers, or whatever you call them. And it was indeed flour.
How do I know?
They all stopped off for liquid lunch in the Oxfordshire Pub of the Year while I was there. And they put someone "on trial" with an almost empty bag of flour as an exhibit.
A nice crowd ... and completely loopy! In fact I was starting to wonder if the white powder was something else ...!

Miles Walkden
👍

Tue 29 Jan 2019, 14:32

I read this post as White Power. I was somewhat alarmed.

Gareth Davies
👍

Tue 29 Jan 2019, 01:44

I would go careful with the white powder! It has also turned up on private property so it's no one legit, could be kids could be dog thieves marking easy target areas. Advice is to contact the police if you see anyone acting suspiciously with Any white powder.

sarah routley
👍

Mon 28 Jan 2019, 21:46

My Labrador has happily been feasting on it all week!

Alan Cobb
👍

Mon 28 Jan 2019, 20:46

You'll find them on Dyer's Hill and at the junction with Market St as well - markers for cross country runners. I'm told it is flour and will wash away with the next lot of rain.

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Mon 28 Jan 2019, 20:12

Quite possibly a Harriers running club markings, which are usually done with flour.

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Mon 28 Jan 2019, 20:10

My assumption was that it was a scavenger hunt of some sort and that it was flour... though I didn't taste it!

Amanda
👍

Mon 28 Jan 2019, 19:40

Hi there are arrows and crosses and sprinkles of white powder in the field and lane of Centenary Wood near Ticknell. Does anyone know what the white powder is and what it's for please? I'm a little worried for the safety of all the dogs and Children that use this area.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.