Veg box?

Nikki Rycroft
👍 2

Fri 15 Feb 2019, 11:44

Our great local milk company   milkandmore.co.uk. have an organic veg/fruit box delivery which is on special offer (£3-4 off) this month. Really excellent and plastic free of course

Mark Luntley
👍

Tue 12 Feb 2019, 16:55 (last edited on Tue 12 Feb 2019, 17:01)

Hello Alan - Abel and Cole were based in the south west of England as are Riverford (who are based in Totnes), so are closer to Cornish fishermen who I recall A&C used to refer to as their fish suppliers.

My understanding is more generally both companies have a network of farms that supply them - so if you live in the north of England you have more produce supplied by the farming business nearby and so on.  

Alan Wilson
👍

Tue 12 Feb 2019, 16:00

I'm a little intrigued by the idea of locally-caught seafood.  I thought we were about as far from the sea as it is possible to be in this country!

Mark Luntley
👍

Tue 12 Feb 2019, 15:32

A slightly late reply but I've used both Riverford and (in the past) Abel and Cole. I've found both to be excellent. Both offer more than just vegetables, with meat, dairy and storecupboard essentials. Abel and Cole offer locally caught seafood whilst Riverford do not.

Riverford converted into a workers' cooperative last year - so you are dealing with a business that is genuinely owned by its staff. 

In contrast Abel and Cole was sold to William Jackson and Son Ltd Food Group in 2012 (who make Aunt Bessie's). They are however a "B" (Benefit) corporation - adhering to higher business standards. 

Details here: https://bcorporation.net/directory/abel-cole   

Grace Cahill
👍

Tue 29 Jan 2019, 22:20

Thanks for the advice, everyone! Much appreciated. I will investigate the options!

Georgia Styring
👍

Mon 28 Jan 2019, 21:04

We get the Riverford organic boxes delivered on a Friday. There is also Chadlington Kitchen Garden which are very local. You could contact them to see if they currently have space in their scheme: Emma Mills thekitchengardenpeople@gmail.com

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Mon 28 Jan 2019, 20:12

I get the all British box from Abel and Cole, they deliver to Charlbury on a Tuesday and will leave in a safe place you can designate when you set up an account. There's also church lane produce in spelsbury I think, but you go to them I'm afraid.

Kathryn Fairhurst
👍

Mon 28 Jan 2019, 11:50

We use Skylark (https://www.skylarkorganics.co.uk/) and we've always been very happy with them - they're flexible about leaving things out, having different orders on different weeks, and good about finding somewhere to leave the bag/box if you're not in.

Grace Cahill
👍

Mon 28 Jan 2019, 11:34

Hello, can someone please recommend a good veg box delivery in the local area? Must be delivered to Charlbury (not pick up from farm) and with as much local produce as possible (fine to not be 100% organic). Thank you!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.