Congratulations Margie!

Pearl Manners
👍

Sun 30 Dec 2018, 18:30

Congratulations Margie! Especially for the Charlbury Community Centre and what a huge success that is against all odds..Well done indeed you should be proud.

Phil Morgan
👍

Sun 30 Dec 2018, 16:16

In the local parlance of Oxfordshire, Margie might be described as "a good 'ole boy". For your information Margie, the word 'boy' in this context is generic. It is though the highest accolade you can get round these parts.
Congratulations.

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Sun 30 Dec 2018, 09:33

Yes, this award is the one that recognises services to the local community (as opposed to the others which seem to be for being good at your job, famous, a good actor or sportsperson!) It recognises her work for Meals on Wheels, TGT, St Mary's Church and Riding for the Disabled, amongst others. It's well deserved as many have said.

Jim Holah
👍

Sun 30 Dec 2018, 09:14 (last edited on Sun 30 Dec 2018, 12:01)

Again, as a Trustee for 5 years, Margie was that rare driving force that kept us all moving forward regardless of setbacks & challenges. We'll deserved recognition of all of Margies' involvement in the local community.

Leah Fowler
👍

Sun 30 Dec 2018, 08:13

Margie also organises Meals on Wheels

stephen cavell
👍

Sat 29 Dec 2018, 20:40

Yes well done Margie

Marjorie Glasgow
👍

Sat 29 Dec 2018, 20:20

Thank you all very much for your kind words. So many people put so much time and energy into the project over so many years - Charlbury is rich with volunteers. We are glad to be a part of this community.

Wendy Bailey
👍

Sat 29 Dec 2018, 19:30

Congratulations on your honour, well deserved.Happy New Year.

Tony Morgan
👍

Sat 29 Dec 2018, 19:18 (last edited on Sat 29 Dec 2018, 19:21)

Absolutely As a trustee during the build phase I saw the drive and energy that Margie put into the project to ensure it was successfully completed Congratulations and well deserved

Kate Smith
👍

Sat 29 Dec 2018, 18:52

I just saw the news item about Margie Glasgow on the New Year's Honours list, and wanted to say how very well deserved it is. I was a trustee while Margie was Chair of the TGT and saw how many many hours, day and night she committed, and I believe without her we wouldn't have a Community Centre. Her energy and enthusiasm buoyed up the rest of the trustees when they flagged, and her tireless leadership and complete belief in the project was just amazing! I am so pleased and proud that it has been recognised.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.