"Stale" entries

Meryl Smith
👍

Fri 28 Dec 2018, 14:23

CPPG page now repaired.

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 28 Dec 2018, 10:46

I think "Midnight Faces" has also gone. The link to their website takes you to a page which tells you that the website no longer exists.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Fri 28 Dec 2018, 09:12 (last edited on Fri 28 Dec 2018, 09:16)

They haven't been changed since last year, Heather. Can someone check the information is correct?

I thought I had read that Miss Ford's children's ballet classes had closed. If that's the case, we can delete their entry.

What happened to the RAD club? It's now over three years since they posted: "It is with regret that we have halted all RAD Club activities until further notice. We are currently reviewing our aims and objectives. Any developments will be posted on this webpage."

Heather Williams
👍

Fri 28 Dec 2018, 08:21

The Cubs and Scouts contacts were out of date. Not sure if they have been revised.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 27 Dec 2018, 23:36

Any others anyone has spotted? Some people need to update their own entries too. The CPPG (broken links) and the Maker's Market spring to mind.

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 27 Dec 2018, 19:07

I think the Site Admins do a great job and this site is a super resource but I've noticed some out of date entries e.g. in the Business section. Wychwoods estate agents is not only no longer in Charlbury, but I think is no longer anywhere. The Oxfordshire Project still exists but has not met in Charlbury for years.
I think it's important to keep entries up to date to avoid wasting time trying to contact people/businesses that are no longer here, and to give more prominence to the ones that are.
Would it be possible for a simple audit to be executed to clear out the moribund?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.