Calling John Dora - you're useful weather site is broken!

John Dora
👍

Wed 21 Nov 2018, 21:07

Sorry Malcolm - Charlbury_Weather has its units fixed (by me!). Users cannot alter them.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Tue 20 Nov 2018, 19:12

On looking up Charlbury weather, dora albegratis I end up with this site:
https://www.dora.abelgratis.com/assets/Charlbury_Weather.html
And from that link to the live display Flash powered site which gives a summary which can toggle between sensible imperial units and new fangled metric stuff:
https://www.dora.abelgratis.com/assets/CharlburyWDL.html
Unfortunately only one PC booted into Linux will display this under Firefox, the only browser I can get Flash to run on (not opera, vivaldi etc etc) otherwise I get this error: serial number error...

Is there any way of getting Charlbury_Weather.html to show fahrenheit/mph etc?

Tony Graeme
👍

Tue 20 Nov 2018, 11:04

Brilliant!
I'm not too adept at copying and pasting on the iPad, so was wary of using the long link John provided, but pressed on and downloaded the app anyway. Found I didn't need the link: up came a clear scrollable and zoomable map with pins showing all the sites; found Charlbury; clicked on the pin and up came all the data. Alternative units for all the readings, even choice of Hpa or Mb for pressures (although some might want mm of mercury!) and choice of colour scheme.
Brilliant, John

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 19 Nov 2018, 18:27

I think I'll just look out of the window...

John Dora
👍

Sat 17 Nov 2018, 16:55

There is a Weather Display Live App - I downloaded it from the Apple App Store for free; you will need the link to the data tho' which is www.dora.abelgratis.com/assets/clientraw.txt - this is entered in 'setup'

Andrew Chapman
👍

Sat 17 Nov 2018, 16:42

Malcolm, there's a free iPad/iPhone/iPod app called PWS Weather Station Monitor - if you enter the code IOXFORDS44 you can then see this station's output without needing Flash. And it supports both metric and imperial measures, just in case we are forced to go back to groats, perches and fathoms after Brexit.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 17 Nov 2018, 12:47

It's the "cog" symbol.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 17 Nov 2018, 12:45

Yes, just go to "Settings" (top right) then you can change the temp and windspeed description, e.g. to mph from km/hour.

John Partington
👍

Sat 17 Nov 2018, 10:01

I'm the opposite .. can't get my head round Fahrenheit. Is there an option on the site for Centigrade?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Mon 29 Oct 2018, 18:10

Alas, won't display on the ipad cos the site uses flash. I love the site cos it displays ambient temp in fahrenheit which means I understand how hot/cold it is. For some reason I just cannot get the feel of weather in centigrade :-(
It's the live display that isn't working which is the one that toggles between metric and imperial measures.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Mon 29 Oct 2018, 16:25

hhmm. Just looked at it wondering which coat to put on for dogwalkies, and it's still giving the error- firefox under linux mint o/s. I've no other browser able to render flash loaded. I'll have a look at swmbo's tablet to see if it renders.

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 29 Oct 2018, 08:28

Thank you John!

John Dora
👍

Sun 28 Oct 2018, 15:01

Thanks for alerting me Malcolm. Just for Hannen I've come home and fixed it! Seems be fine now - both the live and fixed displays. And the webcam at www.dora.abelgratis.com/assets/jpgwebcam.gif. Might have been a glitch with the ISP as sometimes happens. John

Andrew Chapman
👍

Sat 27 Oct 2018, 18:20

The station appears to be working in the phone app I use to keep an eye on it. You can see it in the Weather Underground network here: https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IOXFORDS44

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 27 Oct 2018, 18:13

John is in Singapore, then China, until December.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sat 27 Oct 2018, 17:29

I daily check the Charlbury weather station but it's broken today with this error message in Firefox (won't work at all in anything else, a Flash website)
"Serial number error"

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.