Vehicles damaged on the Playing Close

Hannen Beith
👍

Sun 14 Oct 2018, 14:00

Parts of Charlbury do seem like the Wild West during the hours of darkness. I've had 4 number plates stolen, and two wing mirrors smashed.
Last night, about 11.00 pm, someone picked up our black recycling box and threw it into the road. Fortunately none of the bottles broke. I went outside immediately but couldn't see anyone.
Perhaps it's time to dust off my service revolver...

Helen Chapman
👍

Sun 14 Oct 2018, 11:33 (last edited on Sun 14 Oct 2018, 14:15)

A friend has told me that she passed our car at 9.30 yesterday and it was fine, which suggests the damage happened during the day on Saturday.

Helen Chapman
👍

Sun 14 Oct 2018, 08:31 (last edited on Sun 14 Oct 2018, 13:01)

Nick, it sounds like your car was parked next to your house? Ours was round the corner on the continuation of Pooles Lane.

Nick Johnson
👍

Sat 13 Oct 2018, 21:04

Helen ours was the other car which was damaged. We noticed that whoever it was also hit the OTHER side of the road as the railings on the Playing Close were also scraped. It was either some idiot coming round the corner from Pooles Lane too fast which bounced off the railings on to our cars or a very wide vehicle. Unfortunately we didn't see anything.

Helen Chapman
👍

Sat 13 Oct 2018, 20:13

At some point between early yesterday evening (12th october) and this evening (13th october), our car, parked on the playing close had its wing mirror bent right back and smashed. A similar thing happened to the car parked next to it. Did anyone spot anything? Please get in touch if you did. Thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.