November 11

Leah Fowler
👍

Sat 13 Oct 2018, 13:06 (last edited on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 13:58)

Alan
My husband is chairman of the RBL in Charlbury and is very pleased to welcome you to the Town
We have a Band Concert in the Memorial Hall on November 9th at 8pm
The parade led by a piper parades to St Mary's church on Remembrance Sunday 3pm
The RBL AGM is on Thursday October 18th in the Corner House and they would be very pleased to see you

I did try to email you but it returned immediately, perhaps this is because we are on the Rhine

Alan F Harrison
👍

Fri 12 Oct 2018, 21:51

thepiperinpeacetime.yolasite.com/46.php

Alan F Harrison
👍

Tue 9 Oct 2018, 12:27 (last edited on Tue 9 Oct 2018, 12:32)

In case you have missed the info, this year commemorates the end of a century since WW1.

People all over the world might wake up to the sound of the bagpipe and a specific tune

"06.00: Battle's O'er
1000 individual Pipers across the United Kingdom and countries around the world commence the day's commemorations with the traditional Scottish lament played at the end of battle �" Battle's O'er."

More via https://www.brunopeek.co.uk

I have been resident in Charlbury since June. As the official piper for the county of Herefordshire, where I used to live, I will be playing in Hereford at the time on 11 Nov. If there are events etc in Charlbury before or after Nov 11, I hope to be able to assist.

Alanfharrison@icloud.info or text 07952 060 505. See my site "The Piper In Wartime" via warpiper.info

There is a link to The Piper in Peacetime. I wear the uniform of a WW1 Highlander Piper via the link to "Reels". I helped a primary school WW1 project many years ago.

These days, I only pipe for charity etc events. If you are thinking about St Andrew's Day or a Robert Burns event, do get in touch.

Best wishes

Alan Harrison

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.