Grassed Area Between Narrow Lane and Marlborough Place

Rita Steffens
👍

Tue 18 Sep 2018, 18:22

Thank you John I would like a copy of the photo as I sill live in Marlborough Place we have been here since the were built

john h
👍

Tue 18 Sep 2018, 15:48

You could do no worst than contact The Town Clerk,I am sure he can give you a difinative answer as to ownership of this plot of land. I do have a picture of residents clearing this plot of land. If you would like a copy Rita contact me though this page.

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 18 Sep 2018, 10:15

The aerial locator shows it but it may not be registered. Adjacent properties are. Could be time for an Index Map Search! https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-property-and-land/search-the-index-map
Alternatively if Narrow Lane is a Public Footpath then an email or call to the Highways Dept of OCC should reveal the ownership, rights, etc.

Andrew Chapman
👍

Mon 17 Sep 2018, 18:53

This piece of land has not yet been registered with the Land Registry.

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 17 Sep 2018, 17:53

Charlie, search here. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/land-registry

Charlie M
👍

Mon 17 Sep 2018, 17:10

If I may, and just to elaborate further ...
I realise that people who live around the grassed area need to use this area for access, and loading and unloading. I would like to make it very clear that these people are NOT the target of my question and comment. Thank you.

Simon Walker
👍

Sun 16 Sep 2018, 15:22

Our understanding is that the grassy area itself is still owned by the person who developed the houses in Marlborough Place in the 1970s - at least it was ten years ago when we contacted him to get his permission to use part of it while we were rebuilding that end of our house. As he no longer lives here, the Town Council takes responsibility for grass cutting, and the area has been put on the list of the town's green spaces that need to be protected as part of the new Neighbourhood Plan.

Rita Steffens
👍

Sun 16 Sep 2018, 13:24

Yes you are right we cleared the ground when our children were small and put turf down the fire brigade watered it for us that was 46 years ago

Charlie M
👍

Sun 16 Sep 2018, 00:56

Am I right in thinking that this is a grassed recreational area, and NOT a car park?
If so, then I wish that people would not park their cars there!
If not, then I apologise.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.