Light’s outside the co op

john h
👍

Wed 10 Oct 2018, 19:01 (last edited on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 19:17)

With the exception of Spendlove, street lights in Town are administered by the County Council,who subcontract out repairs.At present there is no one scouting for faulty lights in Town ( I did this for 20yrs). Negotiations are still taking place to award a contract to scout repairs to lights ,so if you spot a light out report it on the Fix my Street web page,giving the pole location and number printed on the light fitting if possible.

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 10 Oct 2018, 15:26 (last edited on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 18:00)

I had only got involved 2months back when this thread started to try be helpful as don't like hear people hurting themselves in dark and very scary too.I thought problem had been resolved and with dark nights drawing in it will be even more dangerous for school children as well.Maybe it has (except for Co-op light). I was informed by W.O.D.C. they had liased with a local councillor and a request had been sent to SSE..posted on 10th Sept.

Huw Mallins-Brown
👍

Wed 10 Oct 2018, 14:28

I am sure that the Parish Council (or Roger Clarke) can quickly give you a definitive answer. In my experience, if it comes under the responsibility of the Local Authority they are very quick to repair the ptoblem.

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 10 Oct 2018, 12:36 (last edited on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 13:57)

Thank you, I am confused now as I was actually enquiring about the streetlights as well in car park that are responsibilty of SSE..what is situation with those please.?

Huw Mallins-Brown
👍

Wed 10 Oct 2018, 12:29

I think you will find that the street light in question is the responsibility of the Co op. There was a problem with the said light last year and Roger Clark kindly resloved it.

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 10 Oct 2018, 12:12 (last edited on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 12:14)

Thank you Mandy, I can't believe it. Well that's more than the 20 days as stated by W.O.D.C.to activate the request. I have emailed W.O.D.C.to report it.

mandy
👍

Wed 10 Oct 2018, 11:43

No not yet still not fixed

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 10 Oct 2018, 05:48 (last edited on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 06:07)

Hello there, could someone please say if the lights outside the Co-op and Car Park have finally been fixed? Thank you 😀

Pearl Manners
👍

Mon 10 Sep 2018, 18:50 (last edited on Tue 11 Sep 2018, 06:04)

Hi John,I am VERY pleased to say that W.O.D.C.have responded already with an e-mail saying they have liaised with estates dept. and have been advised these lights are run directly from National Grid and are managed by SSE. Her colleague has liaised local councillor today regarding this matter, a request has been placed for these lights to be fixed directly with SSE. The request can take up to twenty days for action! Hopefully this will now be put right thanks to John's comment giving us the correct council to contact...

Pearl Manners
👍

Mon 10 Sep 2018, 12:11 (last edited on Mon 10 Sep 2018, 12:15)

Hi John, I've just messaged the WODC, hope you don't mind you know I like something to do. 😀

john h
👍

Mon 10 Sep 2018, 10:26

I believe the lights in Spendlove are the responsibility of W.O.D.C not O.C.C

Liz Leffman
👍

Mon 10 Sep 2018, 09:08 (last edited on Mon 10 Sep 2018, 09:08)

Have just seen that it has already been reported on Fix My Street so will give them a nudge

Liz Leffman
👍

Mon 10 Sep 2018, 09:05

If streetlights go out, please report them on www.fixmystreetoxfordshire.gov.uk. This usually gets the attention of the officer who organises the repair. I will put this up on the site now

mandy
👍

Mon 10 Sep 2018, 08:27

No still not fixed I do one late shift a week at the co op and once we have locked up it is very dark and scary walking back to the car.

Amanda
👍

Sun 9 Sep 2018, 14:52

I wrote several emails to the Council last year Mandy after falling off the curb there in the dark. I can not believe that they are still not fixed!!

mandy
👍

Sun 9 Sep 2018, 11:33

Just wanted to know if anyone knows when the street lights outside the co op and spendlove car park will be fixed.
It is very dark and dangerous at night walking to the car park.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.