This website and shop listings

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Sun 26 Aug 2018, 21:59

Thanks Christine, I didn't realise that I hadn't listed myself. thecuriosities.co.uk

By the way 7 packs only left of Black Pepper and Bay bacon..

Co-working space £15 a day.

Pop by and say hello if you're passing 39 Sheep Street.

Everyone always welcomed.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Sat 25 Aug 2018, 15:08

Also it's up to individual businesses to remove themselves or add to the site and update their details, just as it is with the Chronicle.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 25 Aug 2018, 14:29

Completely agree, but I do think we have to remember that the admins do this voluntarily.

Christine Battersby
👍

Sat 25 Aug 2018, 12:21

I also recently noticed this problem with the website listings. Also, where the businesses do still exist, the links sometimes do not work, or the description of the business is now out of date (e.g. Kookaburra Coffee). And some new business (e.g. The Curiosity Company) also don't yet seem to be listed.

The list of businesses & community facilities at the end of the Charlbury Chronicle does seem to be pretty up to date, & I wonder if this might provide a fairly easy way to check what is currently on offer -- and also what is not.

As I know that a complete update of the website is pending, I did not bother to point this out. But I think that some kind of interim solution might be looked for, and also new businesses & facilities be encouraged to advertise their existence online.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Sat 25 Aug 2018, 10:20

Just had a couple of customers in looking for the book shop in town, I explained that there used to be one but they have been closed for a year or so but we do have the second hand books for sale up in the Corner house, they suggested that the website be up dated which when I took a look at the shops listed yes we could do with a cull, I'm not sure how the couple misread that Jon's bookshop was still open when it does say that its closed but there is still News & Things listed as well as Earthworm & Dandelions listed as well.
Also it would be nice to be able to have two sections to the shops category as in a actual shop section and an online shop section even if they were on the same page could they be in another colour.
Please don't take this post as a criticism it's not meant to be in anyway, we are very lucky to have a great website where people can express their views freely but it would be nice that if somehow out of date information (shops that are no longer or any other listings ) well could be deleted so that we don't give a false impression of this town and it's facilities.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.