Bins

Stephen Andrews
👍

Mon 27 Aug 2018, 10:48

Update, it is now back at home - the bin had almost made its escape from Park St up the hill to the Church.

What would we do without this wonderful website...

Stephen Andrews
👍

Mon 27 Aug 2018, 08:42

Our external Food Waste bin went walkabout in Park St last week after the bins were emptied. So if any chance anyone locally has two please drop it back to Lower Watts House. Thanks

Philip Ambrose
👍

Sun 26 Aug 2018, 21:17

We already pay for this service. It is one of a limited range of tangible benefits experienced by all Council taxpayers.

Geneviève Hug
👍

Fri 24 Aug 2018, 08:49

Hello Simon,
We have a spare grey landfill bin which we would be happy to donate. Could even deliver it, or roll it along if destination not too far (from Hixet Wood)!
Geneviève

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Wed 22 Aug 2018, 10:35

Exactly, Hannen. With numbered bins, if one disappears, I go down the road and find it.

Charging for landfill bins, SImon, which presumably means making them optional like the green waste bins, would only encourage (some) people to save the money and dump their waste elsewhere.

We had a pretty squalid large bag of rubbish dumped on top of our grey bin last week, propping the lid wide open. Happily the 'operatives' took it all away.

These things just happen.

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 22 Aug 2018, 09:32

Some people stick or paint their house number on the bins.

Simon Hogg
👍

Tue 21 Aug 2018, 19:51

Is it just me?

Two months ago I put out my landfill bin for collection and when I got back from work, it had been taken. This wasn't that much of a problem as I don't produce that much landfill waste.

When I got back from work tonight, I found that the large recycling bin I had, had been exchanged for a small one. Obviously this could have been a mistake or just someone who wanted a larger bin and couldn't be bothered to ask for one.

Initially I was annoyed by this behaviour. However, I see this as an opportunity to produce even less recyclable material.

When I called the council for a new landfill bin, they told me that they only empty one per household. A good idea, but I doubt the people on the vehicles could actually check that.

As I said, odd behaviour; is it just me or does it happen across the town?

It's made me think that we should perhaps pay for these bins the same way we do for the garden refuse bins, but more for landfill, less for recycling; radical.

Simon

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.