Wasp Nest Slayer

John Kearsey
👍

Wed 29 Aug 2018, 11:34

I had a massive wasps nest in my loft a few years ago. I called the council the next year and he said that wasps only use a nest once and the old one sitting there is a bit of a deterrent to other wasps taking up residence. He also said it provides good insulation!

stephen cavell
👍

Wed 29 Aug 2018, 07:21

We are currently having our building repainted which requires scaffolding. The 'scaffolders' had to abandon work on Monday because of a wasps nest in the eaves. the pest control officer we called out agreed that this was the kind of situation that unfortunately needed dealing with. He implied that if the wasps were in a non-threatening situation he would not recommend extermination.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sun 26 Aug 2018, 12:24

Our experience endorses Simon and Peter's knowledge. The wasps' nest was in the eaves, and it was only after the Mitie people came round that they became aggressive and started stinging us.
Mind you, if I was sat on I might try to get my own back (sic). I didn't do it deliberately btw. I just didn't notice that they were there.

Simon Walker
👍

Sun 26 Aug 2018, 10:13

I second Peter on this one - unless the nest is in a place that really does make it unsafe for people going past (like right above your back door).

Liz Puttick
👍

Sun 26 Aug 2018, 09:26

There are God's Creatures and then there are Beelzebub Beasts, and you know which category wasps are in.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 25 Aug 2018, 14:42

That's interesting Peter, and I don't gainsay your opinion. I've been stung twice this year. We have called WODC to get rid of the wasps' nest in our loft. Perhaps we shouldn't?
I should be very grateful if you could point me in the direction of some source of knowledge.

Peter Bridgman
👍

Sat 25 Aug 2018, 10:58

Please leave wasps and their nests alone unless they really pose a threat. Wasps do far more good in the garden than harm and are not aggressive unless you interfere with them.

Brian Murray
👍

Fri 24 Aug 2018, 12:11

Happy to endorse Helen's recommendation - fast response and friendly, efficient service. Thanks Phil and Helen too.

Helen Bessemer-Clark
👍

Sat 18 Aug 2018, 14:31

I have just found the second wasp nest of the year in my garden. Each time I have rung Phil Howe, 'The Wasp Man' on 01993 880073 or 07969 427279 and he has come out (from Croome) within 30 mins and charged me £45 (which I think is cheaper than most other people). I can thoroughly recommend him. Helen Bessemer-Clark

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.