Using Pulhams X9 to get to Chipping Norton School

David Prudence
👍

Sat 25 Aug 2018, 16:00

Hi Katie, if you haven't solved this problem yet, your daughter could pick up the S3 which goes from Charlbury Bell at 16.32, arr Fawler 16.38. The Pulhams buses go along The Slade and not via the Bell around school time so the best connection would be the 15.57 from Chippy school which would arr Wychwood Close at 16.10. If this bus is on time then she can just cross the road to the opposite bus stop to wait for the S3 or walk down to the Bell if it's late. Info on tickets https://www.stagecoachbus.com/regional-help-and-contact/oxfordshire/tickets-and-refunds

Katie Ewer
👍

Thu 23 Aug 2018, 09:50

It's not down to the school, it's the council and they will only provide a taxi to Wood Green School not Chipping Norton sadly.

mandy
👍

Thu 23 Aug 2018, 09:17

Can't you contact the school and even if they will send a taxi to pick her up.

Katie Ewer
👍

Fri 17 Aug 2018, 21:37

Thank you. Fingers crossed it will all be fine.

Susie Burnett
👍

Fri 17 Aug 2018, 20:39

I suspect my eldest will be on the public bus this year. I guess the school make allowances for any delay, but my kids tell me it's usually on time (school starts 8.35). It's not ideal, but as they get older I think they enjoy the flexibility coming home

Katie Ewer
👍

Fri 17 Aug 2018, 07:58

Thanks Susie. We live in Fawler, so although it is our catchment area school and she went to Charlbury primary school (also catchment), Wood Green is marginally closer. We always knew we would have to pay for her to go on the school bus which actually picks up and drops off in Fawler, but the issue is that the school bus is full. So she can go on the public bus, but that doesn't go to Fawler. I can drop her in Charlbury in the morning, so we need to work out how she'll get back every day. Anyway, I just wanted to make sure that the public bus will get her to Chippy on time.

Susie Burnett
👍

Fri 17 Aug 2018, 07:40

Hi Katie, Chippy is Charlbury's closest secondary school, and main feeder school, so should be free until sixth form? We've never had to pay before. In past years, when intake is high, the younger children are given priority for the Bakers bus and older years are issued with a free bus pass for the public bus, with the option of getting in early or at 8.30. Do you live outside of Charlbury or is your child attending sixth form?

Katie Ewer
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2018, 22:36

Secondary.

Heather Williams
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2018, 22:06

Oh I see, are we talking secondary school or primary?

Katie Ewer
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2018, 21:24

Baker's run a bus (council funded), but there are no spaces for next term. Although Charlbury is our catchment area school, it's not our closest school so we don't get free transport (*sigh*). You can pay for a place if there's one spare, but there isn't at the moment, so we have to use public transport.....

Heather Williams
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2018, 19:34

I thought there was a Pulhams school bus so why use this one?

Katie Ewer
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2018, 17:10

Does anyone with a child attending Chippy school use the 8.15 X9 bus from Charlbury to get to Chippy? I see that it arrives at 8.30am, but was just wondering whether that is likely to make them late for classes?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.