Film response to the tree felling

Clare Carswell
👍

Thu 16 Aug 2018, 12:13

Hi Charlie, If you want to pop up today or tomorrow I am sure Nathalia will be pleased to show you her film and have a chat. Clare

Charlie M
👍

Wed 15 Aug 2018, 18:10

I would be most interested in this, but I will not be here, as I will be in ... Canada.

Clare Carswell
👍

Wed 15 Aug 2018, 16:56 (last edited on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 17:00)

Nathalia Bell, young Canadian artist filmmaker, is Art Pitch Artist-in-Residence this week at the studio. www.artpitch.org

As some of you know, having met her as she filmed in the churchyard today, she has been struck by the poignant and also dramatic sight of the Canadian Cedar Thuja tree being felled.

The scent and shape of the tree is very familiar to her as it too is a visitor to our land from British Columbia. Witnessing its felling with her Canadian eye has for her completed a circle and evokes a sense of returning home from a long journey. It is inspiring new works.

Do come and meet her and chat to her about her new works and view her short film.

Saturday 18th August 2-6 or Sunday 19th August 11-1

COU COU
Overlay Studio
Spelsbury Road
Charlbury
Chipping Norton
Oxon
OX7 3LL
UK

t. 0044 1608 811997
m. 0044 7769 723328

www.cou-cou.org

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.