Telephone Preference Service Scam

Heather Williams
👍

Fri 3 Aug 2018, 16:28 (last edited on Fri 3 Aug 2018, 19:18)

I had a cheeky person the other week, rang my number I said I really don't know how you got my number I am on the TPS. he said he had a crystal ball - I put the phone down!

john h
👍

Fri 3 Aug 2018, 16:15

Had a call on a similar subject but with a Witney STD code. Tried to call them back but permanently engaged,getting sneaky!!My junk call box is getting full of late

Ted Welsh
👍

Thu 2 Aug 2018, 11:34

Just had a call from someone claiming to be from protect your privacy UK saying I registered with them a little while ago -I've never heard of them. phone number began 012020. Has anyone else heard of them?

Deborah Longshaw
👍

Wed 1 Aug 2018, 12:10

One way of getting rid of them quick - start talking about God! I tried to convert my caller, and surprisingly he quickly rang off! Might at least get some fun out of these ne'er do wells!!

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Mon 30 Jul 2018, 21:38

We also got a call today- they must be working on 01608 numbers at the moment. Challenged, they rang off.

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Mon 30 Jul 2018, 18:27

Quite so Simon, and of course, the real TPS will never phone you.

So if you get a call supposedly from them you can be sure it is not, but is just a try-on from someone else hoping to sell a service that will not work but will cost some money!

Simon Walker
👍

Mon 30 Jul 2018, 18:04

These folks call themselves Telephone Preference Management. They've been trying it on for quite some time now and are nothing whatsoever to do with the genuine TPS.

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 30 Jul 2018, 16:55 (last edited on Fri 3 Aug 2018, 12:52)

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 30 Jul 2018, 16:16

BT sell a house phone that stops all nuisance calls we have been using this for 3/4 years not dear and stops calls like that dead

Julie Ward
👍

Mon 30 Jul 2018, 15:47

I've just had a call from them too. Sounds legit until they start asking for bank account stuff. I became quite rude!

Helen Bessemer-Clark
👍

Mon 30 Jul 2018, 14:25

Just to warn anyone already on the TPS that there is a scam call from people professing to be able to upgrade you to block international calls. They sound convincing to start with, hoping for confirmation of your name and address, but then when they asked me for my account no, and I asked them for their tel. no and tried calling it on my mobile it was, surprise surprise, not available. The real TPS (0345 070 0707) confirmed it was a scam of which they were aware. Helen BC

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.