Railway

stephen cavell
👍

Wed 25 Jul 2018, 17:15

I'm with Helen Oxford Parkway offers you much more flexibility for any trip to London and cost is much the same - no contest for me.

Miranda Higham
👍

Wed 25 Jul 2018, 16:31

Trains into Oxford in the morning have been fine. However, after the sun has heated the rails during the day, speed restrictions are being put in place due to track temperatures. Some trains are being delayed and some cancelled, including on Chiltern.
I now use an app to check the status of the train due to travel through Oxford station before mine. The 4.20 Banbury train has been cancelled Tuesday and today due to track temperature.
Train crawling as I type.

Helen Bessemer-Clark
👍

Wed 25 Jul 2018, 14:31

I have to confess I find it definitely worthwhile driving to Kidlington - it is easy to park, I allow 35 mins to get there, park, and buy a ticket, so that the whole journey takes 1.35 hrs definite, as the Chiltern Line is extremely regular, and coming back from Marylebone there are trains every 30 mins in case one misses the first one. Whereas from Charlbury, you have to allow 10/15 mins walk to station, for a 1.20 hr ride to Paddington. Thus also 1.30/35 hours, but absolutely no assurance that there will not be delays and cancellations. No contest. Simples. ps. And cheaper!

Jonathan Coyle
👍

Wed 25 Jul 2018, 11:33

Working mostly fine every day I have used it to London this week - speed restriction through Oxford due to new track creating slight delays, but running all the way to London during the week

Usual caveat - no guarantee things won't change or go wrong - especially with the 34c heat planned tomorrow

nigel rosser
👍

Wed 25 Jul 2018, 11:25

I've been in denial about the Railway, but have to be in London for the next two days. Question. Is it working all the way to Paddington now? It still seems absurd to drive ten miles to Kidlington to get into town.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.