Wilderness - Its that time of year again!

Katie Ewer
👍

Fri 27 Jul 2018, 10:21

I saw an enormous lorry carrying two golf buggies trying to get down Crawborough yesterday afternoon presumably heading fow Wilderness. I think the driver must have been following his sat nav rather than the signed route. He then had to reverse back up to the main road!!

Brian Murray
👍

Wed 25 Jul 2018, 10:15 (last edited on Wed 25 Jul 2018, 16:03)

Interesting to see that the A A's temporary signs, directing deliveries from Five Ways junction to the North Lodge drive, have had the misleading 7.5 ton reference covered over.

Paul Taylor
👍

Wed 25 Jul 2018, 06:04

That's only if there is only one way in for 7.5T if there is a different route in then it's not except for access only

David Thomas
👍

Tue 24 Jul 2018, 23:08

Re:7.5T weight limit in town centre. Note that, generally, where access is required to land, etc. the limit won't apply.

Brian Murray
👍

Tue 24 Jul 2018, 21:50

The worst traffic problem is now, with the run up to Wilderness and the heavy lorries delivering. Also, I question why the temporary traffic lights are there anyway, as it looks as though they are purely for the benefit of the builders and contractors, enabling them to park on Woodstock Road.

This should all be brought to the attention of WODC, as the licensing authority, Oxon CC Highways and Trading Standards.

Janet Burroughs
👍

Tue 24 Jul 2018, 20:22

There's already chaos on the Woodstock Road with the many heavy artics, generally double trailer, heading for Wilderness. Experience is that by the time one of them has passed slowly through lights with stream of traffic behind - the cars waiting patiently to go towards Woodstock have missed their green light and so have to wait again!!

Clarrie Haynes
👍

Tue 24 Jul 2018, 17:50

Thurs next week I mean

Clarrie Haynes
👍

Tue 24 Jul 2018, 17:46

I hope the temporary lights on Woodstock Roadwill be off by Thursday, if not there could be chaos

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 24 Jul 2018, 17:10

Cui Bono Richard.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 23 Jul 2018, 18:43

Just spotted a trackway vehicle squeeze down Browns Lane, at which point his vision magically returned, he noticed the "No access to Wilderness Festival" sign on Church Street... and therefore turned down Sheep Street. Hey ho.

There's a 7.5T weight limit in Charlbury town centre, so if you spot any vehicles breaking it:

OCC does actively prosecute offenders (including several who have crossed the river bridge here in Charlbury) so it's absolutely worth doing.

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 23 Jul 2018, 17:42

OK thanks Simon not seen any signs my self is that the best way for Big Wagons to go in?

Simon Walker
👍

Mon 23 Jul 2018, 17:30

Just for the record, trucks and equipment for the set-up are being signed to go down the main Cornbury drive from Grammar School Hill, the same as last year - not the Finstock access.

Alan Wilson
👍

Mon 23 Jul 2018, 17:17

May be worth remembering this chaos when moans about noise/disruption from the festival are met with the inevitable "it's only one weekend a year......"

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 23 Jul 2018, 16:57

Lorries blocking traffic at 5 ways complaining about no signs told them it's the Finstock entrance to a lot of verbal some one needs to sort these lorries out

Brian Murray
👍

Mon 23 Jul 2018, 15:22

Tim is right about those signs but rather than saying 'no access', is it too much to ask that they show a direction? As an example, a sign at Enstone Rd cross roads directing traffic along the Slade would be helpful.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Mon 23 Jul 2018, 10:00 (last edited on Mon 23 Jul 2018, 13:34)

Stephen there are signs up at Enstone crossroads saying no access to Wilderness and also outside the Rose and Crown in case any blind drivers miss the first set.

Stephen Andrews
👍

Mon 23 Jul 2018, 09:52

Are the No Access to Festival and appropriate other traffic signs up yet outside Charlbury? One vehicle with Portaloos on it just came down Park St and a large HGV is having to reverse having overshot the Cornbury entrance.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.