RAF Centenary

Brian Murray
👍

Wed 11 Jul 2018, 22:59

Yesterday's mid-afternoon display looked like three F-35 'Stealth' fighters, which had presumably taken off after a stop at Brize, following the flypast. They could be seen flying in a north westerly direction, then turning through 360 degrees over Charlbury while climbing towards their cruising altitude of 50,000ft. As Mark says, if you didn't see them, you surely heard them.

Philip Ambrose
👍

Tue 10 Jul 2018, 15:45

Quite a bit of traffic this lunchtime including one RAF Typhoon, but more notably at least 4 police helicopters (3xEC135 + 1x145) plus one of the Met's fixed wing aircraft - no doubt on CT duties re Trump,as well as an Air Ambulance.

Mark Flinders
👍

Tue 10 Jul 2018, 14:35 (last edited on Tue 10 Jul 2018, 14:40)

Sounds like an air display outside right now. A succession of mostly delta wing jet aircraft have been passing high over Milton Under Wychwood so will most likely be seen, or at least heard, in Charlbury too I would think.

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 10 Jul 2018, 11:00

Apologies. Not sure if this is strictly Charlbury related, but I thought that there might be some residents who have an interest either through family or purely historical. I do. Also, it would explain any sightings of aged planes overhead today!

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 10 Jul 2018, 10:17

RAF flypast route map, time and planes ?" where to watch the centenary event in London, Chelmsford and Colchester
The RAF is commemorating its 100th birthday with an epic showing of the aircraft that helped Britain rule the skies.
Here is all you need to know about the huge celebration…

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.