Scam call claiming to be from BT

Alex Flynn
👍

Sun 1 Jul 2018, 18:04

Do you get the feeling the telecoms industry isn't that bothered - just doing what they HAVE to do. I bet they gain from it in some way.

Charlie M
👍

Sun 1 Jul 2018, 01:23

I am starting to get calls from people trying to get you to claim back your PPI. With these calls you cannot just put the phone down; you have to hold the button down for about 10 seconds before it disconnects. In this modern digital age, I would like to see a scheme introduced whereby you could enter a code after such a call that would get that number automatically submitted to the authorities for an "abuse review". (I am registered with the Telephone Preference Service.)

Pearl Manners
👍

Sat 30 Jun 2018, 13:44 (last edited on Sat 30 Jun 2018, 13:53)

I'm afraid unplugging phone and using mobile does not work as I've had several scam phone calls on mobile, so just having block the numbers.

Carolyn Connolly
👍

Sat 30 Jun 2018, 12:15

We have been getting lots of calls from this or a similar number, either we don't answer or put the phone down straight away. This week we also had a suspicious call from an 01608 number which on recall said the number was not recognised. These scammers are getting very clever so be aware.

Katie Ewer
👍

Tue 26 Jun 2018, 22:55

No signal in Fawler sadly.

Alex Flynn
👍

Tue 26 Jun 2018, 22:26

Uplug your phone and use your mobile. Problem solved.

Katie Ewer
👍

Tue 26 Jun 2018, 16:09

The number was 01257 896865 and it is known as a scam number from a quick online search.

Katie Ewer
👍

Tue 26 Jun 2018, 16:02

Just had a horrendous call from someone claiming to be from BT. It started with an automated message, saying press 1 for help solving a problem with your internet or press 2 to disconnect your internet. I didn't press anything, but was automatically placed through to a call handler. I immediately said that I thought this was a scam and that I didn't believe he was from BT and he became extremely abusive. Might be worth warning any vulnerable neighbours or family members about this.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.