Quiz night

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Sun 1 Jul 2018, 20:06

I know what you mean Malcom - sometimes everything happens at once! We're trying to stick to the fourth Wednesday of each month for the Community Centre quiz, so it's predictable (except in September when it has to be a week early because Geoffrey Strachan is giving an author talk in the library on 26th). It was just unfortunate that two other things also came up on the same date in June. Next quiz 25th July. Maybe see you then?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 29 Jun 2018, 16:52

Spoiled for choice that wednesday night! Poets, comedy, quiz. We tried the comedy ladder, having given last month's a go. Pity we couldn't have spread them out each night so plenty to keep us going all week. Could there be a sort of planning diary some months in advance? Don't have a clue to to implement it though.

Jenny harrison
👍

Fri 29 Jun 2018, 13:04

Thanks to everyone who attended this weeks Quiz. A good, head scratching evening was had by all.
Thanks in particular to CliveGibson- Leitch for setting the quiz and for his amazing guitar skills (those who were there will know what I mean) and to Tony Morgan for running the bar.
As this months quiz was a complete sell out, don't forget to get your tickets soon for the next quiz on 25th July at £5 each available from the Charlbury Community Centre.

Nicola Morgan
👍

Thu 28 Jun 2018, 17:47

Next quiz 25th July. Set by Nicola Morgan and Kate Smith, experienced quilters.

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Tue 26 Jun 2018, 17:58

I hope it goes well I can't come this month as I'm on holiday, but many thanks in advance to Clive for setting this month's questions.

Jenny harrison
👍

Sun 24 Jun 2018, 10:27

Just a reminder that the Charlbury Community Centre Quiz is this coming Wednesday 27th June and we still have a few tickets available. See events page for details.
Tickets, priced £5 are available from the reception desk at the Community Centre, or you can call us on 01608 811878 to reserve your place. We can only accommodate 8 tables of up to 6 people and it will be cosy in there! You do not have to have a whole team ?" we will match you up with others where there are singles, pairs etc. Drinks (alcoholic and soft, cold and hot) and snacks will be served from the café. This quiz will be hosted by Clive Gibson-Leitch.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.