Xerox 6515 dni - Toner

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Thu 21 Jun 2018, 19:15

I have been using compatible Think ink cartridges from www.choicestationery.co.uk/ for several years now with no problems.
Which? magazine reckoned the Epson version they tried was at least as good if not better than the original maker's own ink; can't say better than that! And I can vouch for their Brother and HP cartridges as those are the ones I've used.

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Thu 21 Jun 2018, 16:14

It's curing right now Mark.. Ready in about 2 weeks.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 21 Jun 2018, 15:38

Compatibles do vary in quality, and Which? has tested them in the past. We get both laser (toner) and inkjet compatibles from KC Inks at https://www.kc-inks.co.uk without problems. John Okeden is a great guy and worth talking to if you are in doubt.

Mark Sulik
👍

Thu 21 Jun 2018, 13:13

Thanks Simon , how's that Bacon ?" coming along ?

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Thu 21 Jun 2018, 10:24

The manufacturers usually state that the use of non original ink invalidates the warranty on the printer. At least that's what is written in the manual for the big Brother printer I got for the Curiosities. I have however decided to risk it, as it seems like a licence to print money and I hate that! I then discovered my Brother really is BIG BROTHER, it knows its non original cartridges and sends me emails to tell me. Grrr. That said, it works perfectly with 3rd Party ink.

Mark Sulik
👍

Thu 21 Jun 2018, 09:57 (last edited on Thu 21 Jun 2018, 09:58)

A recent purchase of a new printer ( 5 months ago ) £300.00 , requires new ink / toner £ 470.00 for original manufacturers replacement. Does anyone have experience of the use of compatible replacements - or do I throw away the printer and just get a new one. The cost of original replacement ink is, I am informed, more than the cost of liquid gold ! What do others do in this situation ?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.