Have we got a post office yet?

Steven Fairhurst Jones
👍

Fri 18 May 2018, 22:44

And neither of them are staffed by civil servants.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Fri 18 May 2018, 15:17

Royal Mail are separate to the Post Office two different companies

Charlotte Veron
👍

Fri 18 May 2018, 15:10

It's so irritating that when I miss a delivery I am expected to collect it from Chipping Norton post office, and if I get it redelivered to Charlbury I have to wait 2 days and it costs 80p!
Can't say I can agree with Royal Mails reputation, as I have personally made a complaint about the service recently. (On several occasions I was in but got a missed parcel slip though the door - the post person wasn't ringing the bell and assumed I was out. Incredibly annoying if you purposely wait in for a delivery.

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Fri 18 May 2018, 09:49

Hopefully they sort it out ASAP, as student finance are unable to accept my applications online due to someone intercepting my daughter's initial application and substituting a false name for hers. Quite why they are unable to make me a new online account they can't explain but every year I have to send at least two forms to them in the post. (At least 2 because student finance themselves like to lose my financial info after they've signed it into their building....) so this is what I'm doing at the moment, and it entails trips into Witney just to get the forms posted off, which means £6.50 to send the form plus the cost of a bus to Witney/Chippy since I don't drive. The PO could at least provide a temporary traveling post office.

Alex Flynn
👍

Fri 18 May 2018, 08:01 (last edited on Fri 18 May 2018, 18:34)

What a joke - is it any wonder that email and online is a more attractive option? Very frustrating!! Get your act together please! There are always going to be unforeseen circumstances which is why old post office should have been allowed to continue. Poor planning with a view to saving a few pennies no doubt but this is just In my opinion. In my mind this has damaged the Post Office's otherwise good reputation in Charlbury at least. Hats off to Elaine for abandoning ship.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Thu 17 May 2018, 21:52

I have just looked at the Post Office branch finder and looks like Charlbury is not even listed anymore ???

Mark Sulik
👍

Thu 17 May 2018, 20:40

Will Charlbury live to regret it ? Not a good start, Is it going to cause more problems than thought, as if it were a pub - you would make sure it had beer to sell !

Elaine Newbold
👍

Thu 17 May 2018, 19:29

Please remember Finstock is only a part time Post Office opening hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-1pm.

Michael Flanagan
👍

Thu 17 May 2018, 16:52 (last edited on Thu 17 May 2018, 16:52)

The Co-op AREN'T "trying to pretend that the only option is a PO that is in a Coop store"

Anyone looking at the announcement can clearly see it's been issued by the Post Office. Close to the pompous gibberish you'd expect from an incompetent, State-owned bunch of bureaucrats, there are two other signs, written in English, apologising for the civil servants' foulup.

Predictably, those signs were written and produced by the Co-op's Charlbury employees. With no attempt to direct customers to another Co-op.

Jon's cheap gibe is disgraceful. I look forward to his immediate apology.

Otherwise Olly, the Deli's guardian of professional standards, will come and force one out of him.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 17 May 2018, 16:31

Finstock and Stonesfield are nearer in both time and distance, and Woodstock is nearer in time. And Woodstock and Stonesfield are far more convenient by bus. But the Coop is trying to pretend that the only option is a PO that is in a Coop store. I hope no one believes them!

stephen cavell
👍

Thu 17 May 2018, 07:00

But there is a helpful sign telling you that the nearest PO is in Chipping Norton.
I would have said that it is in Finstock? Your pigeons could walk to Finstock - Stephen.

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 16 May 2018, 20:43

We're lucky to have a local Post Office. Sorry, I mean we were (sans apostrophe) lucky to have a local Post Office.

Mike Seaton
👍

Wed 16 May 2018, 17:33

Post Office limited told the store it was working, it was tested and discovered not to be working on Friday morning, since then all attempts at getting Post Office to sort the issue have been unsuccessful. The issue has been raised as high as possible within POL, unfortunately the store have to rely on Post Office as it's their systems not Midcounties. It's hugely frustrating for all concerned unfortunately, but the store and Midcounties hierarchy are doing all they can to get it sorted asap.

Stephen Andrews
👍

Wed 16 May 2018, 17:25

I have a surplus of bored pigeons in my garden that I am sure could be trained up to rival a signal booster. Seriously, surely this connectivity issue should have been checked out and tested beforehand?

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 16 May 2018, 16:47 (last edited on Wed 16 May 2018, 16:50)

I wonder why the previous Post Office could not have continued until they had everything in place to function properly.

Mike Seaton
👍

Wed 16 May 2018, 15:00

Hi,

At present there is due to be a signal booster delivered to store today to hopefully enable the Post Office to trade this week. However this isn't guaranteed to work (obviously everyone hopes it does!) so there are currently no concrete timescales.

As soon as there is something cast iron to update with I will do so on the forum, and posters will go up in/around the store.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Wed 16 May 2018, 14:42

Does anyone know if the PO have managed to open their new counter in the Co-op yet?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.