Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Sat 12 May 2018, 14:30

Alex, have updated your name as requested

Alex Flynn
👍

Sat 12 May 2018, 14:25

Many thanks for the reply Richard. Sorry for not seeing there is an Admin board. Keep up the good work - which must be immense considering it is done on a voluntary basis. That old pseudonym based forum must date back to the days when Ray Marshall was at the helm! If you ever see Ray ask him about the unfortunate caption typo he made when he posted a photo of a race winner. "First lady past the post" - omitting the d in lady!

Alex Flynn (please update my user name)

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sat 12 May 2018, 08:06

On GDPR specifically, there are a couple of minor changes which I'll be making to the site before it comes into force - nothing too dramatic, mostly just revising and formalising terms. (What you submit to the site does count as "personal data" and therefore comes under the GDPR. Generally…

Long post - click to read full text

Alex Flynn
👍

Fri 11 May 2018, 19:45

This partially answers my question law.stackexchange.com/questions/28276/are-internet-forum-posts-considered-personal-data-under-gdpr

Alex Flynn
👍

Fri 11 May 2018, 19:42

Just curious to know how the rules will affect this forum and the right to remain anonymous.

Up until now one or two members have seemed hellbent on insisting that people use their full names (they know who they are) - as if that makes any difference.

As many who know me know I have never had a problem when it comes to saying something which needs to be said face to face. Why is it so important that you need to know who said what to whom on this board? If people want to have a bop at one another surely that is what the Grease Pit is for?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.