Life drawing

Lucy Mitchell
👍

Sat 19 May 2018, 08:30

I would love to come too

Victoria Chan
👍

Tue 8 May 2018, 10:36

Hi Daryl, thanks! I'll email you. But it'll still be great to have a life drawing class in Charlbury, perhaps with tutoring.

Daryl Joyce
👍

Sat 5 May 2018, 20:37 (last edited on Sat 5 May 2018, 20:42)

Hi, I run the life drawing group in Spelsbury (at the Memorial Hall, Church Lane - OX7 3jR). Established since 2010. We have a 2 hour evening session on Mondays from 7:30pm every fortnight. You don't need to book block sessions, just come along as and when you want to. It costs £12, but all refreshments are free. We have a variety of models of all ages, male and female, some well established and experienced and some novice. This has included students from the Oxford School of Drama near Woodstock. During a session we generally have half a dozen five minute poses and a pose of an hour (3x20 mins) plus a sociable refreshment break midway through the evening. The sessions are untutored. The venue is about a mile from Charlbury in the middle of Spelsbury and parking isn't usually an issue along Church Lane. If you are interested you can contact me for the planned dates going ahead - daryl@daryljoyce.co.uk.

Miranda Higham
👍

Sat 5 May 2018, 11:03 (last edited on Sat 5 May 2018, 11:03)

I'd be interested too, I used to attend a class at The Jam Factory in Oxford which was popular with art students and at an affordable student price
I'd like to take it up again but closer to home.

Victoria Chan
👍

Sat 5 May 2018, 10:50 (last edited on Sat 5 May 2018, 10:52)

Hi Kat, thanks! Yes, I'm interested and know a couple of people nearby who are interested too. My friend goes to the one in Bampton and says they get their models from drama school mostly. Something like that one where you can just drop in without signing up for a class would be great. For me best time is evenings maybe 8pm. But if you think it better to have a committed class, I'm up for it too.

Jackie Hague
👍

Sat 14 Apr 2018, 13:18

The Green Room in the Memorial Hall is already used for daytime art classes. It is generally free on Thursday evenings if someone wanted to start an evening class.

Kat Ward
👍

Sat 14 Apr 2018, 10:30

I was thinking of teaching a class there, but was worried about the floor re charcoal etc., If people are interested I could look into it?

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Sat 14 Apr 2018, 10:26

Wednesday evenings are free in the TG room of the Community Centre, as long as you don't mind a bit of noise from a quiz in the cafe area once a month...

Kat Ward
👍

Fri 13 Apr 2018, 17:19

Kieran Stiles, does life drawing sometimes in Charlbury. Or there is one on a Monday night in Spelsbury at the community centre there. I did consider putting one on at the Community Centre but I think most evenings are booked up there.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Fri 13 Apr 2018, 13:14

Charlbury Arts society should be able to help

www.charlbury.info/community/32?category=4

Victoria Chan
👍

Fri 13 Apr 2018, 12:42

Wondering if anyone is interested in life drawing sessions, maybe at the community centre, in the evenings? Or is there already one nearby?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.