Dementia Friends

Leah Fowler
👍

Fri 13 Apr 2018, 13:09

Done

Clare Carswell
👍

Thu 12 Apr 2018, 22:02

Hi Leah, if you follow this link it takes you straight to the page for my session and you can book for it from there.

https://tinyurl.com/ycr8z4dh

Let me know how that goes, I just checked the link and it is working fine. Clare

Leah Fowler
👍

Thu 12 Apr 2018, 19:43

I did register but could not find your talk on the list for that date

Clare Carswell
👍

Thu 12 Apr 2018, 18:27

Hi Leah, I am sorry if you found the Alzheimers Society website frustrating to use. Did you follow the link and try to book ? If so I know that you are asked to register first which I know can be annoying. No matter, it is great that you are coming for the Thursday talk and I look forward to seeing you then. Clare

Leah Fowler
👍

Thu 12 Apr 2018, 17:35

I will come Thursday afternoon your website is enough to give anyone dementia

Clare Carswell
👍

Tue 10 Apr 2018, 15:39

I will be giving two Dementia Friends Information sessions in Charlbury at the Friends Meeting House, Market Street, OX7 3PH on Thurs 26th April at 2.30pm and on Fri 27th April at 7.00pm.

Learn a little more about dementia and some of the small ways you can help those living with dementia, and you can make a huge difference in your community. Let's make Charlbury Dementia Friendly !

Clare Carswell
👍

Tue 10 Apr 2018, 11:06

I am looking for a venue to give two Dementia Friends sessions this month in the town, open to all, one daytime and one evening to ensure as many people as possible can come. I will let you know when I have made a room booking.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 9 Apr 2018, 15:02

What a lot of responses! I'm more than happy to cancel my booking in Witney and attend a session here, which is what Clare appears to be offering if more than just me are interested!

Would any other people like to sign up? If so we can arrange a date...

(As I understand it, classes last up to an hour and are free.)

Clare Carswell
👍

Mon 9 Apr 2018, 14:01

I am a Dementia Friends Champion locally and I am currently arranging to give Dementia Friends Information Sessions at Charlbury Primary School and Charlbury Dental Surgery. I am available to run a session for any other business in the town or for any group in Charlbury no matter how small or large. I can do it in a business setting, in a hall or for a group of neighbours in their home. Contact me if you would like me to run one for your group. 07769723328

Charlotte Veron
👍

Sat 7 Apr 2018, 12:07

Age UK also run a service offering Information, advice and support to those living with dementia and their families; Dementia Oxfordshire. (A friend used them and said they were extremely helpful!)

www.dementiaoxfordshire.org.uk/
The number to call is 01865 410 210 for any enquires

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 7 Apr 2018, 11:46

I did come to a talk or discussion once, several years ago, but I was working full time then and couldn't make it to a series of classes. The nearest session offered on the Dementia Friends website is the one in Witney.

Have you contacted the Day Centre? They are in the front line with one or two sufferers.

Meryl Smith
👍

Sat 7 Apr 2018, 11:09

Thank you for this useful "plug" for the Dementia Friends campaign, Jon.

Don't forget that we have Dementia Friendly Charlbury (DFC), a local group of volunteers who want Charlbury to be a friendly and welcoming place for everyone to live, especially people with memory and thinking and/or communication problems. We aim to be a local contact point for anyone who is worried about their memory and thinking skills, or who is worried about someone they know, and who wants to know how to get support.

Have a look at our page in the Community section (Charity and World) of this website.

DFC is keen to offer dementia-awareness sessions in Charlbury along the lines of the one you mention in Witney to local "customer-facing" businesses and community activity groups. We could also organise a session for local residents, if there is sufficient interest.

Anyone or any business/group who would be interested to find out more should email us at charlburydf@gmail.com or phone 810192.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Fri 6 Apr 2018, 23:42

"A Dementia Friend learns a little bit more about what it's like to live with dementia and then turns that understanding into action - anyone of any age can be a Dementia Friend. Whether you attend a face-to-face Dementia Friends Information Session or watch our online video, Dementia Friends is about learning more about dementia and the small ways you can help. From telling friends about Dementia Friends to visiting someone you know living with dementia, every action counts.

Information Sessions
Dementia Friends Information Sessions are run by volunteer Dementia Friends Champions, who are trained and supported by Alzheimer's Society. Each Information Session lasts around one hour. You will learn more about dementia and how you can help to create dementia friendly communities. There are information sessions running across England and Wales."

In fact there is a session in Curbridge Road, Witney on Tuesday April 24 at 6pm. More information and registration are at https://www.dementiafriends.org.uk/WEBArticle?page=what-is-a-friend# Lifts are available from Charlbury.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.