Charlbury surgery

Alex Flynn
👍

Sun 8 Apr 2018, 18:36 (last edited on Sun 8 Apr 2018, 18:41)

A reminder to anyone who believes the NHS is free - those of us who work or have worked but are now retired pay for it in our National Insurance contributions. If it was a private business it would have probably gone to the wall years ago!

Alex Flynn
👍

Sun 8 Apr 2018, 18:33

Indeed I phoned at 8am on Thursday, did not get though until around 20 past to be told only Dr Bayliss was on and it was Medical Emergencies only, but they could get me into the Windrush in Witney if need be. Not much good if you have to get to work in Oxford! It is a dire situation!

Deborah Longshaw
👍

Sun 8 Apr 2018, 11:02

Sadly, like anything else this system is creaking. There is another thread about the surgery going on here, citing the lack of Doctors & I will add to that the fact that my son went down to collect his prescription for very necessary meds from the Chemist yesterday (after having I was told the day prior, they would be ready), only to be told they couldn't dispense them, since they had LOST the prescription, the situation wasn't improved when the member of staff went on to blame it on the abscence of 'Ben' (the pharmacist)!!
Now thankfully they were able to supply him with a small supply of his meds to get him through until Monday, but how is this ever okay?!!
I despair & worry about ever getting ill now or having a long term illness (unless of course you are one of the privileged elite, able to afford private healthcare, which is what, of course, the good ol'Government are aiming for!). One only has to watch the excellent programme - 'Hospial' on BBC2 to understand how desperately serious the situation now is.
As for the Medical Centre - well I suppose we still have one, for now but, God help you if you need to see one of the Doctors!

Helen Chapman
👍

Thu 5 Apr 2018, 16:24

There was a notice this morning saying the waiting times were incorrect, but it's going to be fixed.

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 5 Apr 2018, 09:37

Me neither Mel. Always says 0 minutes, always have to wait - usually at least 30 minutes. Been like that for years. Worst occasion almost an hour. It's annoying, because if it was correct, one would have time to pop to the Co-op or Deli!
I wonder if the Doctor has to press a button when a patient consultation is over, and they just forget to?

Mel Howard
👍

Wed 4 Apr 2018, 18:44

Thank has happened to me more than 5x I never take notice of the screen now .

Julia Webb
👍

Wed 4 Apr 2018, 15:46

The check in screen worked fine this morning at 9am.

Jeremy Baldock
👍

Wed 4 Apr 2018, 12:55

The check in screen at the entrance says "0 MINUTES" delay, only to wait 55 minutes to see the Doctor. If the system doesn't work, fix it!

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 2 Apr 2018, 01:42

No it won't be as it's Easter Monday.

mandy
👍

Sun 1 Apr 2018, 21:06

Do anyone know if the surgery is open tomorrow Monday.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.