Walking Football - Increased Opportunities

Clarrie Haynes
👍

Wed 8 Aug 2018, 17:43

Due to a number of regulars being away this week the session tomorrow 9/08 has been cancelled, next week should be ok.

Jenny Chambers
👍

Tue 1 May 2018, 11:17

Anyone coming along to the Thursday 7-8 pm Walking Football session will now need to know the unique keypad entry code to get into the Community Centre and into the sportshall. The reception/cafe area/library is on summer hours until October and closes at 6 pm.

The Walking Football entry code is 3939.

That code will give access to the Centre and the sportshall between 6.55-8 pm on Thursdays only. Input the code on the keypad to the left of the external doors and then on the keypad to the right of the sportshall doors.

Please bring along £3.50, exact change would be ideal. Jason will collect that from players after he finishes running circuit training at 7.30 pm.

No code is needed to leave the building. Just press the round, green buttons and push open the doors to exit.

Clarrie Haynes
👍

Mon 16 Apr 2018, 10:19

Second session on Thursday evening very successful, still would like a few more new players.

John Munro
👍

Thu 5 Apr 2018, 22:56

A great walking football session this evening, with 12 players taking part.
Really hope it continues, although I'm unfortunately unable to go for the next couple of weeks.

Jenny Chambers
👍

Wed 4 Apr 2018, 20:55

Because Jason will be busy teaching a circuit training class on Thursdays at 7 pm and therefore won't be at reception, we would ask Walking Footballers to bring £3.50 each (exact change would be ideal), gather the money from the group before starting and hand it over to Jason at 7.30pm. John Munro has offered to co-ordinate that this week.

At 8 pm, you'll need to leave the sportshall via the left hand doors into the foyer, rather than coming back into the reception area.

Have fun!

Clarrie Haynes
👍

Wed 4 Apr 2018, 18:40

The session is going ahead tomorrow at 7 -8 pm, new players particularly welcome

Jenny Chambers
👍

Tue 3 Apr 2018, 08:22

I suggest that after the Wednesday session tomorrow, we discuss as a group and agree the time of the additional Thursday session.

Jenny Chambers
👍

Wed 28 Mar 2018, 18:20

We did a quick straw poll after the Walking Football session this afternoon on the preferred evening for another session. A Thursday evening seems to be best for most. We agreed 7-8 pm but I've since realised that timeslot will be difficult for us to manage at reception, unless pre-paid. Would 6-7 pm be acceptable instead?

Nick Hall
👍

Tue 27 Mar 2018, 15:03

I am interested in an evening game too.

Simon Towers
👍

Mon 26 Mar 2018, 11:11

Hi Clarrie, yes very interested but would have to be a monday evening as i cant make the chippy one due to work and on a thursday I have a radio show on Witney Radio in the evening.
regards
Simon

John Munro
👍

Sun 25 Mar 2018, 15:58

Clarrie,
I could be interested in an evening session (in addition to playing on a Wednesday afternoon), but would have to be Thursday for me, as Monday evening is walking football at Chippy!

John Munro
👍

Sun 25 Mar 2018, 15:42

Clarrie,
I could be interested in an evening session (in addition to playing on a Wednesday afternoon), but would have to be Thursday for me, as Monday evening is walking football at Chippy!

Clarrie Haynes
👍

Sat 24 Mar 2018, 10:31 (last edited on Sat 24 Mar 2018, 10:32)

The Wednesday afternoon Walking Football Group at the Community centre has been a tremendous success. From small beginnings this week we had 18 players, with some regulars missing. As a result Jenny has increased the time available to the group to 2.30 - 4.00 pm to ensure all get full game time (the cost remains the same.
A number of people have said they work so are unable to attend a daytime session. Jenny has offered an evening session if people are interested (she suggests 7 - 8 pm Mon or Thurs). If anyone is interested in playing Walking football in the evening (any ability - we have ex footballers and those who have not played since school), please contact the centre or ring me on 810839.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.