Did you know this?

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Mon 19 Mar 2018, 16:08

I've no idea about that, Philip. I'm just telling what I was told......in the (perhaps vain) hope that it might make a difference. Charlie, you're right.... but....

Philip Ambrose
👍

Mon 19 Mar 2018, 15:54

Not condoning use of mobiles by drivers, but I think that data protection legislation would not allow such uncorroborated sightings to be kept indefinitely as data.

Charlie M
👍

Mon 19 Mar 2018, 15:25

Ah, Rosemary, but you know as well as I do that people who use phones when driving know *much* better than the rest of us, and they are perfectly safe ...

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Mon 19 Mar 2018, 15:08

Who thinks, then, that it's ok to lose control of a vehicle while you're on the phone?

russell robson
👍

Mon 19 Mar 2018, 14:39

Perhaps it's time for the town sniper!
If someone does something you don't like you know who to call!
Charlbury seems to have a particularly long list of people that are frustrating, scamming, exploiting or generally degrading the rural charm.

Mark Sulik
👍

Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:55

Or men in Lycra who ride their bikes the wrong way up Market Street and when this is pointed out , that it's a one way street, they say I know !

Charlie M
👍

Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:50

... or people who park in the "Disabled Parking" spaces outside the Co-op, the Rose & Crown, and on Hixet Wood? Or people going the wrong way up Brown's Lane from Market Street to get to the Bull car park?!

Mark Sulik
👍

Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:36 (last edited on Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:49)

If someone wished to be less than truthful and this was the case , it would be an easy way to settle a dispute ? What about drink drivers, people who park on double yellow lines , anyone who drives a 33 mph inadvertently in a 30 mph zone. ? I will be extra careful to use the correct rubbish bin !

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Mon 19 Mar 2018, 12:22

If a vehicle is reported to the police as having a driver on the mobile phone whilst driving, the details will be held indefinitely on official records. Should the incident be the second time the vehicle has been reported, then action will be taken. I would ask anyone seeing a driver on a mobile phone to take the registration number and then report it.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.