New houses on Pooles Lane

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Fri 9 Feb 2018, 16:41 (last edited on Wed 14 Feb 2018, 10:38)

Geoff Belcher
👍

Sun 4 Feb 2018, 18:21

yes the people buying the properties

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Sun 4 Feb 2018, 17:39

Does anybody actually like this so-called development?

Mark Sulik
👍

Sat 3 Feb 2018, 21:32

Work in progress ?!

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Sat 3 Feb 2018, 19:59

Oh I hadn't noticed. It had occurred to me earlier on that the left-hand one didn't appear to be in line with the stone wall.

David Thomas
👍

Sat 3 Feb 2018, 18:59

I see that one of the 'splays' has now been changed, maybe the other side will also.

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Fri 2 Feb 2018, 17:23 (last edited on Sat 3 Feb 2018, 10:12)

It looks very big to my eyes, David. We live opposite and have been using the little access in to and out of Bayliss Yard for many years, along with other residents of the 'yard'. As to broken kerb stones, they are large lumps of shaped solid concrete, and sadly not kerb stones as they should be in a conservation area (just my opinion), and as tough as anything you will find, I imagine. Damage to existing houses opposite depends on the skill of the drivers going in and out of the 'close' or whatever it is to be called. I generally find that the larger the car, the worse the driving skills, so we can but wait and see.

David Thomas
👍

Fri 2 Feb 2018, 13:29

Not sure if anyone has noticed how crazily tight the entrance 'road' being created for the new Pooles Lane houses is. Constant broken kerb stones and damaged walling (including that of the existing houses opposite) awaits.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.