Any recommendations for van hire?

Angela Gwatkin
👍

Fri 5 Jan 2018, 13:47

That's very helpful. Thank you all for the benefit of your experiencess.

vicky burton
👍

Fri 5 Jan 2018, 13:12

JS van hire in Carterton.

Philip Ambrose
👍

Fri 5 Jan 2018, 11:50

Enterprise at Oxford Airport is reasonably priced and easy to get to - they will even pick you up within reasonable distance. Not sure whether Charlbury qualifies, but Woodstock or Long Handborough certainly would.

Good to ask for a plywood lined van if shifting stuff that might damage steel panel van. Check roof when accepting vehicle as roof damage often not covered even if you take full Collision Damage Waiver.

TVR seem pretty reasonable too.

Grahame Ockleston
👍

Fri 5 Jan 2018, 10:10

I use TVR in Kidlington
Prices don't include comprehensive insurance though, about £12.00 per day for a day hire

Matt Bullock
👍

Fri 5 Jan 2018, 08:39

Last time I used Budget in Oxford, 2 mins walk from station so easy to return van and get train to Charlbury. No frills, but new van, friendly staff and cheap rates. They may be on the move soon as the Osney lane Industrial Estate is in the process of being demolished.

Sue Way
👍

Fri 5 Jan 2018, 07:58

Don't use Avis in Oxford; they are dreadful in my experience.

Angela Gwatkin
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 22:41

Can anyone recommend a good value, self drive van rental company?
Any tips or things to look out for, questions to ask when renting, gratefully appreciated.
Thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.