1725 train from Oxford

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 8 Jan 2018, 16:29

Both Charlbury Town Council and the Cotswold Line Promotion Group have indeed written to Mark Hopwood to express serious concern about the current state of the service.

victoria bull
👍

Sun 7 Jan 2018, 12:22

Write to our MP and to Mark Hopwood MD of GWR, preferably in writing not email. If we keep putting on the pressure like that things might improve.

Alex Flynn
👍

Sun 7 Jan 2018, 11:06 (last edited on Sun 7 Jan 2018, 11:18)

Claiming compensation not only is a pain but it can take months before and IF you receive anything and when you do they ignore requests for rail vouchers and send you a cheque for £4.50 or some other pointless amount! Just to be as awkward as they possibly can!

On Wednesday 3rd Jan the 10:08 and 11:11 were both cancelled with no alternative transport laid on.

On 4th Jan the 11:11 was again cancelled losing me an hour's pay as I had no choice other than to wait for the 12:09 having already paid for my ticket in advance!

Appalling service and these are by no means isolated incidents. And of course hiking up the prices given the state of things - dirty toilets; packed, uncomfortable trains (not enough seats at peak times) just adds to the mystery.

Some things never change!

PJ Honey
👍

Fri 5 Jan 2018, 19:43

EVERY single GWR train to or from Oxford and Paddington I've caught since 20th December has either been delayed, cancelled or replaced by a bus. Appalling.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Fri 5 Jan 2018, 17:38

beyond a joke husband had to get the bus to get to Charlbury in time for work
having to pay twice is not good. will have to make a claim and that is always a pain

Susie Burnett
👍

Fri 5 Jan 2018, 17:20

As was the 13.23

Matt Bullock
👍

Fri 5 Jan 2018, 15:55

Cancelled again today.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Fri 5 Jan 2018, 12:51

Yep shocking and we have to pay more for the late or cancelled trains !! happens far too much

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 16:52

The state of the trains is shocking at the moment - GWR have sent many of their old trains away (the Adelantes to the North-East, the Turbos to Bristol, the HSTs for conversion work on the way to Scotland) but not enough of the new ones have arrived yet. Add staff shortages and the issues caused by Crossrail work between London and Reading, and it's a pretty glum picture.

Matt Bullock
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 16:18

Isn't this the third day in a row it's been cancelled? Not a great start to the New Year for GWR, despite the new trains and fare increases. Glad I drove to work today.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.