Raw goats milk?

Suzy M-H
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 23:02

Thanks very much for all the pointers.

Tashi Seklecki
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 21:25

I bought raw goat's milk last year from Southdown Farm on the Crawley Rd, Witney. You can contact them through the website it seems (which wasn't in existence when I was looking for them) and ask if they still do it, or just drop in when in the Witney area. I think officially they don't sell it anymore as it's prohibitively expensive to jump through all the hoops for the legal requirements, but I know the very nice owner drinks it every day so it would be worth asking if you can buy some to try (it was very tasty if you like goat's milk!).

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 17:58

seedsofhealth.co.uk/resources/dairy/index.shtml None very close. You could ask the people who sell goats cheese at the farmers markets.

Heather Williams
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 15:11

Milkman?

Georgia Styring
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 14:43

You could ask your local friendly Charlbury Deli and Cafe is they could get some in for you? Might be worth asking if you committed to buying a certain amount.

Wendy Bailey
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 11:47

Some supermarkets sell it. Tesco do, but other shops may do as well.

john h
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 11:35

There is a herd of goats on a farm by the A361 as you turn left from Charlbury towards Burford .May be worth calling in if you are passing,also I believe there is a herd on the road between Crawley and Witney.Sorry not to be more positive with location ,they may be worth a try,There was a lady that kept goats on the Ditchely Rd "last bungalow before you get to the lodge "she may still keep goats . Jh

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 10:13

seedsofhealth.co.uk/resources/dairy/index.shtml None very close. You could ask the people who sell goats cheese at the farmers markets.

Stephen Andrews
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 09:12

Try Pat Archer, she has just been given a couple as a late Christmas present by Tony. I must get out more...

Chris Tatton
👍

Wed 3 Jan 2018, 20:43

A goat!

Suzy M-H
👍

Wed 3 Jan 2018, 20:14

Does anyone know of a local source of raw goats milk, please?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.