Co-op shut

Tony H Merry
👍

Mon 19 Mar 2018, 18:34

I am thinking of suggesting that the Coop put up a surveillance camera - any thoughts?

Elaine Newbold
👍

Mon 19 Mar 2018, 13:44

Another ATM ram raid as Oxfordshire shop hit for third time

www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/yourtown/oxford/16090731.Another_ATM_ram_raid_as_Oxfordshire_shop_hit_for_third_time/

Heather Williams
👍

Thu 15 Mar 2018, 07:14

BUT the Post Office is meant to be moving into the Co Op in May I believe, I can't see how this will work as the queues will be huge and there is no space at the moment in the Co-op. The only way an ATM works if it is re-located at the back of the shop out of view, this has happened in the Co-op in Milton under Wychwood who had their ATM rammed in September 2016. But then Milton has no Bank or any other facility for people to get money out.

Victoria Chan
👍

Wed 14 Mar 2018, 23:42

I agree that it would be useful to have an ATM in addition to the PO and cashback. The PO does not open in the evenings and on weekends. The cashback requires you to buy something from the shop and also there is a limit of £50 per transaction, and the queue is longer as well. I hope we get the ATM back. I spoke to the staff at Coop and they weren't sure if it would be coming back. So we can still hope!

Hans Eriksson
👍

Tue 6 Mar 2018, 16:31

Man charged with attempting to steal cash machine
www.cotswoldjournal.co.uk/news/16044698.man-charged-with-attempting-to-steal-cash-machine-from-aldi/

Philip Ambrose
👍

Fri 5 Jan 2018, 11:42

With contactless transactions almost everywhere now, the demand and need for cash is much reduced. There is cashback available from the Coop AND will be cash from the PO, so maybe an ATM is an unnecessary expense (and risk)?

Gareth Davies
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 22:24

Something I noticed about the temporary doors was the change in people, so nice to see people holding the door open for others smiling and being polite to each other. Automatic doors are a convenience but you seem to lose a little bit of the community feel when people glide in looking at the shelves and out at the street ahead. Nothing wrong with a bit of eye contact and a smile I think.

sharon
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 18:06

And may I ask malcom what do you mean by Charlburians? The other doors where ok especially for disabled people and people with pushchairs.

Andrew Chapman
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 17:27

Why, Philip? It's still useful to have an ATM to avoid having to queue for cash.

Philip Ambrose
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 17:00

Once the PO has moved in there will be little need for an ATM.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 16:17

We dropped by first time since the raid and we actually thought the smaller doors were much more aesthetic! Could Charlburians have some say in the replacement, as I've always found the anodised blue Al convulsion in blue unpleasant to look at and ott for the surroundings. While I get a mite impatient with the ersatz Cotswold "look" fetish which often means fake stone (limestone powder and CO2-disaster portland concrete) something less in-yer-face modernistic might be nice...

On looking at the canine accoutrements, it immediately struck us whoever placed them in layout/position terms was a fool. One could drive a sizeable bulldozer between 2 of them. Do it properly or don't do it at all.

Heather Williams
👍

Thu 4 Jan 2018, 08:35

Milton Co-op was ram raided back in August 2016, they then moved the ATM to the very back of the store and out of sight, so I am sure that could be done for Charlbury, but with the Post Office moving in as well space is going to be limited.

Philip Ambrose
👍

Wed 3 Jan 2018, 21:40 (last edited on Wed 3 Jan 2018, 21:41)

Aldi CN & Moreton no longer have ATMs but now offer cashback - like the Coop already does.

Offering the public service of an ATM is probably more trouble than it's worth with such scumbags around!

Stephen Andrews
👍

Wed 3 Jan 2018, 09:26

The replacement dogs' bollards should be specified to meet the highest standard, technically known as the dogs' boll***s

graham W
👍

Tue 2 Jan 2018, 19:46

How come the police are investigating this incident but not the burglaries at the workshops and storage buildings on the Spelsbury Road?

graham W
👍

Tue 2 Jan 2018, 19:37

I've got a used ATM machine for sale, slightly soiled!

Heather Williams
👍

Tue 2 Jan 2018, 19:14

Perhaps some larger dogs bollards might to the trick,!

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 2 Jan 2018, 18:59

The culprits must have been pretty desperate for Chilean asparagus, Spanish tomatoes, and Peruvian runner beans. My heart bleeds for them. (The culprits, not the veg.)

Andrew Chapman
👍

Tue 2 Jan 2018, 13:26 (last edited on Tue 2 Jan 2018, 13:30)

Co-op is now open again. The dog's bollards, so to speak, remain, a testament to their uselessness.

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Tue 2 Jan 2018, 10:45

I wondered what had happened as I passed it this morning. I thought there were big bollards on the front bit? I always tie the dog to them!

Andrew Chapman
👍

Tue 2 Jan 2018, 10:40

Charlbury Co-op was ram raided at 3am today - apparently the cashpoint which was targeted was in fact empty. The shop is currently closed - it is hoped it will reopen this afternoon.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.