TRAINS TO OXFORD

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 27 Dec 2017, 16:05

Trains running fine again now.

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 27 Dec 2017, 12:30 (last edited on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 12:34)

Update: 12.20 on 27/12. No trains currently running between Hanborough and Oxford because of flooding. Train services running through Hanborough may be cancelled or delayed by up to 60 minutes. Disruption is expected until 15:00 27/12.

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 27 Dec 2017, 09:30 (last edited on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 09:55)

Thank you everyone. Martin seems think we may be alright in car now stopped snowing. We are going keep options open until about 11. I was in such panic when saw snow really hate travelling this weather. I will also keep checking the info at top home info page, I hadn't spotted that so thank you pointing it out Christine and Andrew. I dont know what we would do without Charlbury Web Site, thank you Richard.

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 27 Dec 2017, 09:10 (last edited on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 09:14)

Pearl, again. In case you did not see this in time to get to the station for the 9.04 (now due 9.13).

Your best bet is the S3, live times says due at The Bell at 9.33. Get off at Summertown and walk to the stop near M&S along South Parade, and you can get the hospital bus (700) from there. Hourly after that.

Andrew Chapman
👍

Wed 27 Dec 2017, 08:50

Looks like trains are running (except the 0941 to Hereford, cancelled) - but only as far as Slough in the London direction, because of engineering works. You can always see a summary at the top right of the Charlbury.info home page, thanks to Richard's clever coding. More info also always available here: ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/ldbboard/dep/CBY

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 27 Dec 2017, 08:49 (last edited on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 08:51)

Pearl, The live arrivals board (top right on Charlbury.info page) says that a train is due into Charlbury station at 9.04, due into Oxford at 9.25. It does appear to be running. If you click on the train times, it tells you how far it has got. It was on time at Kingham.

In addition,I think some of the S3 buses are running (but missing out Chadlington), but with some delays and cancellations.

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 27 Dec 2017, 08:01

Please help. Does anyone know the situation with trains to Oxford today? If we are unable go in car which may be case is there a train to get me to Churchill Hospital by lunch time for treatment? I would be most grateful for any information. Thank you. Pearl

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.