News Charlbury Post office move.

Katie Ewer
👍

Mon 20 Nov 2017, 16:20

We don't currently need a bigger school, in fact it is under-subscribed this year (although I know there were 1 or 2 years when a few Charlbury children didn't get places). There are only 19/20 children in the reception class this year and the same number in year 6. Every class has at least one free place and this is impacting on the school's funding. It is very important that we don't discourage parents from applying for places at Charlbury school by giving the impression it is full when it's not, as this will continue to reduce funding for the school.

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 20 Nov 2017, 11:41

After seeing whatvthe coop in Chipping Norton and Bourton on the water looks like it would be nice to have a coop that's on par with them

Mark Sulik
👍

Mon 20 Nov 2017, 10:38

Not enough room in the co op as it is - more houses on the way ! Need a bigger co op - a bigger school and more parking

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 20 Nov 2017, 09:29

It's been suggested that the Coop will close for a week or two next year for a refit - no official confirmation though.

Heather Williams
👍

Mon 20 Nov 2017, 08:05

Will the Co-op have a dedicated counter as Elaine always has loads of sacks and parcels behind her especially on busy days. I am just not seeing how the co op can accommodate?

Rachel Gallagher
👍

Sun 19 Nov 2017, 21:46

Will there be a post box at the Spendlove centre?
I wish Elaine the best of luck with the continuation of the shop. How about stocking some art supplies - there are lots of artists in Charlbury. Also some craft materials, ask the W.I. what to stock.

Helen Chapman
👍

Sun 19 Nov 2017, 18:49

Really glad to hear the shop is staying.

Pearl Manners
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2017, 19:31

That is really good news Elaine I will look forward to your new venture and wish you every success.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2017, 18:55 (last edited on Sat 18 Nov 2017, 19:06)

Pearl thank you for your concern. we are pleased to say the shop will not close but will have even more to offer than before, at the moment we are in discussion to hopefully incorporate a small gallery section using local Oxfordshire artists. If anyone has any suggestions on what else they would like please let us know . we are looking forward to improving the shop over the next few months . with everyone support we can make the shop a success . my husband Tim will have a more active roll in the shop and you may even see me in the new Post Office in the Co-Op .

Pearl Manners
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2017, 18:31 (last edited on Sat 18 Nov 2017, 18:33)

And also ....what bothered me what will happen to Elaine herself?

Andrew Chapman
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2017, 17:55

And, importantly, what happens to Elaine's useful shop?

vicky burton
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2017, 16:27

The Co-Op is a Hermes delivery centre so won't there be a conflict of interest?

Heather Williams
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2017, 16:05

More central and with parking in the car park but I am not sure if the coop are going to cope with the volumes of people who come and go unless they have semi-dedicated staff?

Paul Butler
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2017, 15:44

The Coop.

Geoff Belcher
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2017, 11:05

Where is it moving to?

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2017, 10:40

And more convenient for most.

Mary Heckman
👍

Sat 18 Nov 2017, 07:20

But at least we would still have a post office of some sort!

Tony H Merry
👍

Fri 17 Nov 2017, 22:34 (last edited on Fri 17 Nov 2017, 22:35)

Yes indeed
I would encourage everyone to make relevant points during the consultation period
You may do this by doing this ;
You can share your views on the proposed move through our easy and convenient new
online questionnaire via the link below. When entering the site you will be asked to enter
the code for this branch: 081137
https://www.postofficeviews.co.uk/liveconsultation.php

Pearl Manners
👍

Fri 17 Nov 2017, 19:20

This is really sad news!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.