Wild boar?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 17 Nov 2017, 03:25

Boar wreaked Karmic Justice from the BBC report - father was a keen hunter apparently. We had lots of hogs in woods out back of our place in Ontario when I was a kid. No child ever got eaten I heard of. And if boar as well as deer the pumas shouldn't be bothering us too.

Peter Bridgman
👍

Thu 16 Nov 2017, 22:11

Whilst on holiday in Corsica some years ago I had wild boar in a restuarant. It gave me the worst indigestion I can ever remember!!!

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 16 Nov 2017, 09:45

If you're thinking of eating one have a look at this:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42007008

Simon Hogg
👍

Sun 12 Nov 2017, 21:41

I wouldn't be afraid of them, I've spent quite a while walking in rural France and have only seen boar twice at a distance, they run away! Carry a camera and make the best of an opportunity if you ever see one.

John Dora
👍

Sun 5 Nov 2017, 11:16

Reading the Mail article the wild boar might have really been hedgehogs!

Christine Battersby
👍

Sat 4 Nov 2017, 15:37

There is lots advice online about how to respond if you meet this potentially dangerous animal. See britishwildboar.org.uk

The Forestry Commission advises:
--Dogs should be kept on a lead.
-- Do not feed them.
-- Do not approach them.
-- Walk away steadily.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 4 Nov 2017, 13:38

Another reason to put up electric fencing around the allotment. Are they dangerous to humans?

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 4 Nov 2017, 08:16

Something new to look out for on local walks?

www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/15639302.Wild_boar_reported_again_in_rural_Oxfordshire/?ref=eb

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.