Orphaned fawn on Fawler Rd

karen pratley
👍

Sun 29 Oct 2017, 21:20

I saw the fawn several times over a couple of hours this morning, it was very upsetting to see. Thanks for sharing in this post at least those big softies like me out there can be reassured the RSPCA will have done what was best for the young deer.

Frances Mortimer
👍

Sun 29 Oct 2017, 18:44

Thanks for letting me know - does "dealt with it" mean they put it down, do you think? Frances

Susie Burnett
👍

Sun 29 Oct 2017, 13:05 (last edited on Sun 29 Oct 2017, 14:31)

My husband saw it, too, while out cycling and reported it to the RSPCA - they just called us to say that they have now been out and dealt with it. Very sad.

Frances Mortimer
👍

Sun 29 Oct 2017, 12:57

I just passed an orphaned fawn on the south side of the Fawler road, by the Southill Solar site. It was standing by its mother's body on the verge. Does anyone know if there is anything we can do for it? Is there a wildlife rescue charity we could ring? I tried west Oxford animal rescue but know answer.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.