Railway station tickets

Jonathan Nash
👍

Sat 28 Oct 2017, 17:58

That's good to know. Thanks. Got quite a rush to grab the Eurostar though, once in London, so hopefully train option will work.

Jonathan Coyle
👍

Sat 28 Oct 2017, 17:40

If you can't collect on the train they just let you pick them up at your arrival station

Jonathan Nash
👍

Sat 28 Oct 2017, 17:24

I couldn't pre-book my tickets for posting as i only knew 3 days in advance of my travel, and didn't want to risk it. Also, I can't try again on Monday as i'm travelling tomorrow! Both of these options sound great, but they don't really apply to me :-)

GWR have said you can use your reference number and credit card on the train and the conductor *should* be able to print the tickets for you. Hmmm...

Heather Williams
👍

Sat 28 Oct 2017, 16:34

You have had bad luck, try again at about 9am on Monday, it is usually manned for just the morning, but sometimes they are shut due to no staff being available. It is annoying. The ticket machine is rubbish.

Grahame Ockleston
👍

Sat 28 Oct 2017, 16:33

If you prebook your tickets with GWR, they will post them to you, 1st class, at no extra charge.

Jonathan Nash
👍

Sat 28 Oct 2017, 14:41

I went to the station yesterday and today, both well within the hours it is meant to be open, but there's just a poster on the door saying it's closed due to staff shortages, and the ticket machine is out of service. So i'm not relying on only the machine.

Heather Williams
👍

Sat 28 Oct 2017, 14:05

The station is manned in the morning up until 11.30-12noon I believe, I never rely on the ticket self service machine and go to the station around 8.30 9 to collect in person.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 28 Oct 2017, 14:04

Sounds more like a farce to me Jonathan!

Jonathan Nash
👍

Sat 28 Oct 2017, 12:32

I've booked tickets online this week to travel to London.

Tried to collect them from the self service machine yesterday and it was out of order and the station wasn't manned (although it was well before the closing time).

Tried to collect them from the self service machine this morning and it was still out of order and the station still wasn't manned. There is now a poster on the station to say that the station was closed yesterday and today due to staff shortages.

Pretty poor for such a busy station to be unable to issue tickets for at least the two days in a row I've been down.

Phoned the GWR number to report it and was told that it's the responsibility of the train station - a bit of a catch 22 in this case.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.