Mushroom compost

Jim Holah
👍

Mon 2 Oct 2017, 09:38

A bit of both....it has residual nutrients, improves soil structure & if applied thickly enough can suppress weeds but is not a long term solution for that.

Sue Way
👍

Mon 2 Oct 2017, 09:24

Beginner's question:
Does mushroom compost add goodness to the soil or do you use it as a mulch to keep weeds down?

Helen Chapman
👍

Sun 1 Oct 2017, 16:23

I would like 5 bags pls. I can't comment on the thread at the moment as I'm not an approved member of the group.

Jim Holah
👍

Thu 28 Sep 2017, 16:05

Hi Jon....will link to FB soon but can you add 20 bags for me please. I'll catch up with you next week.
Jim

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Wed 27 Sep 2017, 17:17

Mushroom compost is a brilliant way of composting/ mulching/ improving your garden. The Facebook group Charlbury Gardeners put in a combined order for 60 bags earlier in the year, and we paid just £2.50 a bag delivered. Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/charlburygardeners/ for information about a new order and a link to our supplier's website.

Hopefully we can work together to improve our gardens and allotments, and save money as we do!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.