A warning about Amazon

Miles Walkden
👍

Thu 14 Sep 2017, 21:03

I did this too. Got half the money back by complaining.

Katie Ewer
👍

Thu 14 Sep 2017, 13:35

Given the attitude of Amazon towards their tax liabilities, sharp practices are no surprise. I avoid using them as much as I can.

Peter Bridgman
👍

Thu 14 Sep 2017, 10:48

Thank you all for your comments. I am very pleased that I am not the only one affected. At least Jenny got an e-mail so she knew to take action. My main gripe is that they told me nothing but just took my money! How many people are being robbed in this manner over the whole country??

Jenny Howe
👍

Thu 14 Sep 2017, 10:37

I too fell foul. Tricked into ticking the box at the payment stage and found out I had unwittingly signed up to Prime. However only realised this when they sent me a Welcome to Prime email. A very sharp email response from me, reversed the error. Would hesitate using Amazon again. They must have learnt this trick from Ryanair!

Liz Puttick
👍

Thu 14 Sep 2017, 08:10

amazon have all kinds of tricks to get you onto prime unknowingly. For example, if you get a pop-up asking if you want to join you have to click the 'no thanks' box - not the x in the corner which deletes the box but still gets you onto prime. Always check the deliver details, if they've sneaked you on unwittingly your order will give prime as the delivery method.

stephen cavell
👍

Thu 14 Sep 2017, 07:58

I too fell foul. Luckily my rather more savvy son & daughter got me to phone my protest and get my money re-imbursed.

Deborah Longshaw
👍

Wed 13 Sep 2017, 12:34

Hi Peter,

I too, have fallen foul, to their sharp practices. That said if you email them asap, they do reimburse you fairly promptly, along with cancelling your membership.

Peter Bridgman
👍

Wed 13 Sep 2017, 12:15

Am I the only one affected? In March I made a small purchase from Amazon. As a result I find I have become a member of Amazon Prime and due to not checking my credit card statement ptoperly, find that I have been charged £7.99 per nomth for the past 5 months. I have no recollection of signing up for this, nor have I had any e-mails from Amazon welcoming me to this, or any benefits of belonging to it. To me it smacks of sharp practice. Amazon have told me I will get a full refund, but it still leaves a nasty taste in my mouth!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.