Charlbury be proud and enjoy the day

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 13 Sep 2017, 23:02

Excellent idea Phil. Let's start by having a brilliant Street Fair! :)

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 13 Sep 2017, 15:02

Thank you Phil. :)

Phil Morgan
👍

Wed 13 Sep 2017, 14:37

Pearl, I think you have hit on a brilliant idea! How about a "Charlbury Good News" perpetual thread where only good news can be reported?
This could be for all the things that Paul and Marjorie and Mark and Richard report. And it could be for all the less spectacular achievements like somebody getting an award, a good sports result, somebody getting a place at a top Uni, somebody winning a prize, somebody donating for others, a youth charitable enterprise, etc,etc.
It would be good to have a GOOD NEWS thread to brighten the daily read.

Pearl Manners
👍

Tue 12 Sep 2017, 20:05 (last edited on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 20:10)

That is excellent news Paul well done indeed. I believe girls are becoming more prominent in Football as the Ladies England Football team made it to the final didn't they. I think it would be a good idea to have a thread like this where all good things that happen in Charlbury could be reported for those of us who may not be aware every so often.

Paul D Jenkins
👍

Tue 12 Sep 2017, 19:37

Pearl, Indeed a great result but the Charlbury Under 14 girls surpassed this with an outstanding display and won 10-1 away from home! The result was not that important but the fun, laughter and sheer team spirit that was displayed was!

Pearl Manners
👍

Tue 12 Sep 2017, 17:02 (last edited on Tue 12 Sep 2017, 18:18)

Congratulations to Charlbury Town Football teams for such good results. 6-1 that's amazing!

Anthony Horn
👍

Tue 12 Sep 2017, 15:54

I too have been in contact with ITV, and they have replied today with an offer to send a link to the footage, so will post when received.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 12 Sep 2017, 08:29

Excellent idea. I wonder if Eurosport might have it too - they showed the Tour live and presumably didn't take their ad breaks at the same time as ITV.

Jeanne McCann
👍

Mon 11 Sep 2017, 22:03

Have been in touch with ITV4 re the Charlbury section of the cycle tour. They provided me with email address of the filming company so I will be contacting to ascertain whether there is any possibility of us obtaining a copy of this missing clip from the filming.

Steven Fairhurst Jones
👍

Mon 11 Sep 2017, 13:28

And both men's football teams won their opening matches of the season on Saturday too - Charlbury Town 3-2 at home in the local Premier Division, and Charlbury Town Reserves 6-1 away in the Second Division. Season off to a good start!

witneyanddistrict.pitchero.com/match-info/results

Pearl Manners
👍

Mon 11 Sep 2017, 12:15

That's a very good idea of yours Mark a gym.I know lots of enthusiasts who travel to Witney to use one which then makes it even more expensive with cost of petrol as well.

Marjorie Glasgow
👍

Mon 11 Sep 2017, 07:48 (last edited on Mon 11 Sep 2017, 07:53)

Great events on the weekend. Thank you to all involved. Now that the Charlbury Community Centre is open and operating, we have opportunities for volunteering. The youth area had an enormous amount of interest. If you can help out 3.5 hours per month, please get in contact with me mglasgow@theridgegroup.com

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Sat 9 Sep 2017, 19:01

......not forgetting the Farmers' Market today as well. Always a treat.

Mark Sulik
👍

Sat 9 Sep 2017, 14:01

A lot to be proud of I bet the community centre is the most state of the art facility in Oxfordshire
I think it will bring a lot more life to the centre of the town - maybe a gym should considered to complement the facility.
Great to watch and feel the vibe of the tour through . Watching it back on ITV 4 charlbury fell in the advert break ! Shame - can it be viewed anywhere else ?

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Sat 9 Sep 2017, 09:04

Huzzah and Hooray for Charlbury!!

Paul D Jenkins
👍

Sat 9 Sep 2017, 08:43 (last edited on Sat 9 Sep 2017, 08:45)

Today is a wonderful day to be proud of Charlbury. Not just the opening of the new community centre but the events in the memorial hall/corner house, the Deli being fully operational in two locations and Tim's wonderful display embracing the tour of Britain coming through our town. The cricket club hosts a top of the table clash so the second XI may also win their league and 6 youth football travelling away this morning to play lots of football. We should all reflect what a great place Charlbury is and continue to all support and work together. And then... street fair! ENJOY and BE PROUD!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.