Wanted borrow: a (usb?) microphone for a pc; disabled need

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Mon 11 Sep 2017, 14:23

And thanks to Helen H for doing just that! I don't have your address btw, sure I'd kept a change of email notice a few years back. But yours must be the only house on the estate with a lekky car charger!

Helen Holwill
👍

Wed 6 Sep 2017, 08:02

I have a USB headset with microphone which I don't use. I'll drop it round and leave it outside your door as I pass this morning.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Tue 5 Sep 2017, 23:56

Hi and thanks. Not heard of Special Effect, will check out. The phone is an iPhone 5, the screen sort-of works if one ignores the jagged lines and imminent threat of abraded fingerprints - edges are a bit sharp! Alas no sim, so need to find out how to transfer a file to a PC, preferably booted into Linux and not the even worse now they forcibly updated it last boot gasp Windows 10. Can't abide it if can possibly avoid it. My 15 yr old just said finding files on the iPhone is a pain, but suppose it must be possible to somehow transfer a simple file across a wire. Just need to find where in the menus the recorder may be, the cracks make it a bit hard to see!

Kate Smith
👍

Tue 5 Sep 2017, 17:46

Malcolm the recording facility on the IPhone 5 is fantastic: I now regularly dictate into it and then e-mail the file to myself: but I think you would need a working screen even to run e-mail etc, otherwise I'm not sure how you'd get the dictation off the device. I don't know whether the iPhone 4 has the same capability, but you can pick them up pretty cheaply now.

Leah Fowler
👍

Tue 5 Sep 2017, 17:16

Why don't you get in touch with Special Effect, they enable fantastic things on the computer and are based in Charlbury.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Tue 5 Sep 2017, 17:07

Alas, increasing disability is reducing a one-time touchtypist to single finger pecking - and spinal injuries increasingly limit my ability to spend time over sitting over a keyboard. There is always learning to Microwrite - see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyKey, but time at a desk is still a race against time and…

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.