Fish and Chips

Simon Walker
👍

Sun 3 Sep 2017, 17:59

Heather - the electricity supply for the various vendors who use the trading space outside the Community Centre is metered, and each vendor pays for the power that they use. The Thomas Gifford Trust trustees decided early on that it would be much better from a number of perspectives if we were to provide this power supply, rather than the vans still having to run the generators that Paul mentioned.

Heather Williams
👍

Sun 3 Sep 2017, 17:27

I never thought they were as good as the original team who, I believe had a bad traffic accident back in June 2016, and I don't think ever came back. Would be good to have some competition. How does the post link up work outside the new Community Centre for the takeaway vans? and are they expensive to run?

Paul Taylor
👍

Sun 3 Sep 2017, 17:02

Just wondering what sort of carbon footprint a large diesel Fish and Chip van running a 7kva generator constantly has over my diesel 80mpg car. off course my taste buds beat any carbon footprints to be honest it is such a shame Friday night van is not serving the same quality food as he used to.

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 3 Sep 2017, 00:53

The carbon footprint of a 14 mile round trip ! Dont tell the Green Party -! Stay local

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 2 Sep 2017, 22:59

Can strongly recommend the 2-for-the-price-of-one deal on fish and chips at the Plough in Finstock on Tuesdays. You need to book in the evenings. Nice walk.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sat 2 Sep 2017, 20:02

Haven't tried the Cod Father but I agree about Long Hanborough - it's superb. Only thing is that the portions are so big we usually share a large fish+chips between two people!

Paul Taylor
👍

Sat 2 Sep 2017, 19:03

Has any one had fish and chips from The Cod Father looking forward to trying them we always loved them on a Friday night but the quality has now gone so we don't bother or go to Long Hamborough.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.