Dance Classes at the Community Centre

Jenny Howe
👍

Sat 9 Sep 2017, 16:13

I would like to thank everyone so far, who has expressed an interest in taking part in dance classes. Today I met up with a dance teacher and we visited both the Community Centre and the Memorial Hall. In view of the healthy number of people interested in classes, it was felt that the size of the Memorial Hall (with the stage if needed) would be better suited to her/our needs. I have spoken with Jenny Chambers and she is in full support of the continued use of the Memorial Hall. So it looks like this is where the classes will take place. We are now in the process of finding out both the teacher's & the hall's availability. The plan is to run taster sessions in the near future, so I will keep you updated.

Pearl Manners
👍

Sat 9 Sep 2017, 14:20

Exactly Tony.

Tony Graeme
👍

Sat 9 Sep 2017, 11:51

Thanks for your comment, Pearl, I find it difficult to see why any dance instructor would want to be on a higher level than the class. BBC cameramen seem to think otherwise and 'Strictly' judges emphasise position of upper bodies, arms, hips etc. but surely the most important things in dance are the feet (even when, as in my case they prove to be two left feet). It is much easier to watch demonstrators feet if you are standing on the same level.

Pearl Manners
👍

Sat 9 Sep 2017, 07:41 (last edited on Sat 9 Sep 2017, 08:43)

I agree Tony when I went to Dancing lessons at Hall the stage wasn't used the couple would demonstrate on floor and then join in with people actually taking partners from the class which was great because you found it so helpful actually following their steps and their movements and could actually pick it up more easily....I am sure the Hall will still be used for Dances especially where a Band is required....
which is mostly always.

Kim Sale
👍

Fri 8 Sep 2017, 21:31

I think it just makes it easier for the class to see the demonstrating couple if they are raised Tony.

Tony Graeme
👍

Fri 8 Sep 2017, 21:05

Judith and I saw the new dance studio in the Community Centre when we visited on Monday. It looks an excellent facility deserving to be used. What is the problem with no stage? When I had ballroom classes in my schooldays the teachers managed perfectly well on a flat hall floor.

Karen Biles
👍

Fri 8 Sep 2017, 20:18

We would definitely do it if it's a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

David Court
👍

Fri 8 Sep 2017, 19:25

Kim
That sounds great subject to which night you can count pat and myself in
Dave court

Kim Sale
👍

Fri 8 Sep 2017, 19:17

I've spoken to the Jive teacher that I know and she would be willing to do a 6 week introductory class if we can find six couples willing to pay £10 each (her classes usually last an hour with a freestyle session afterwards and are great fun. This also would depend on the cost of the memorial hall (as stage is needed).

Angela Moore
👍

Thu 7 Sep 2017, 20:03

I'd love to do this too. If a stage is needed, there is always the memorial hall!

Kim Sale
👍

Thu 7 Sep 2017, 12:19

Hi Jenny, I h-used to attend classes with Jive plus in Woodstock and just contacted Coralie the coordinator and she says there isn't a stage area which would make it difficult for folk to see the demonstrating couple. She asked me to ask you what the booking fee is?

Lynn Gorton
👍

Wed 6 Sep 2017, 15:49

Great idea!

Pat Court
👍

Wed 6 Sep 2017, 14:51

Would love to learn jive plus the rest. Will drag Dave along too!

Sue Normand
👍

Wed 6 Sep 2017, 09:02

I would be keen once arm mended!

Sandra
👍

Mon 4 Sep 2017, 12:23

Sounds great

Lucy Mitchell
👍

Mon 4 Sep 2017, 08:33

Would be keen!

Lee-Ann Keeble
👍

Sun 3 Sep 2017, 10:28

Brilliant idea - please count in my husband Kieron and I; we would love something like jive or salsa but happy to do any kind of dance.

Karen Biles
👍

Fri 1 Sep 2017, 18:19

Very keen. Thursday or Friday for us.

Helen Holwill
👍

Fri 1 Sep 2017, 18:11

I'd be keen!

Pearl Manners
👍

Fri 1 Sep 2017, 12:03

Oh what a super idea if only I was young again . We used have Dance classes many moons ago at Memorial Hall used to love it....every time Strictly Come Dancing comes on think about it perhaps people who watch it may be encouraged to contact you . Good Luck Jenny.

Jenny Howe
👍

Fri 1 Sep 2017, 10:51

I am just doing some initial research to find out how many people would be interested in signing up for dance classes (ballroom/ceroc-jive/salsa)if these were on offer at the new Centre. Does anyone know a dance teacher who would be able to offer such tuition?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.