Rushy Bank development in Witney Gazette

Rod Evans
👍

Fri 25 Aug 2017, 10:34 (last edited on Fri 25 Aug 2017, 11:43)

Miles, a qualified yes!

Sites can be allocated for housing development within a Neighbourhood Plan (in much the same way as in a Local Plan) and while I don't think it can be wholly prescriptive on the 'how and who' - not least as the decisions on planning permissions are still taken initially by WODC - it can have a strong influence on them if supported by objective evidence. That's why the Steering Group commissioned a local Housing Needs Assessment, to provide solid evidence of what's needed in Charlbury (as opposed to what WODC arbitrarily tell us we should have).

More generally, there is a huge amount of info about Neighbourhood Planning on the net, a good starting point at www.locality.org for anyone interested.

Miles Walkden
👍

Wed 23 Aug 2017, 08:16

Sorry Paul, its just weve been around that one so often...

Rod, does the plan allowed us to stipulate where we want to build and how and who? I know it helps with numbers and type of housing and facilities ,etc.

Paul Taylor
👍

Tue 22 Aug 2017, 20:47 (last edited on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 20:58)

Sorry thought it was ok as some one brought to parking subject up

Rod Evans
👍

Tue 22 Aug 2017, 18:32 (last edited on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 18:33)

Miles, Rushy Bank aside (which will be reconsidered by WODC in due course), you might like to see what's happening with the Neighbourhood Plan, here:

www.charlburyneighbourhoodforum.org.uk

Miles Walkden
👍

Tue 22 Aug 2017, 17:29

Weren't we taking about identifying an area for housing, not the perpetual and circular (and boring) argument about people driving their kids to school.

Paul Taylor
👍

Tue 22 Aug 2017, 16:38 (last edited on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 16:40)

I understand about living out side of Charlbury but living within Charlbury and a 10 minute walk by the time kids have been strapped in correctly to the car you could be at school many times I have seen cars struggling to pass the queues of dropping of kids so theres a safety issue that Mums and Dads are causing just a thought walking kids to school could reduce the congestion and make thing safer for every one. The same with town and as I said I am just as bad I drive to the Coop using the car park at the rear not the double meaning less yellow lines.

Katie Ewer
👍

Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:24

Lots of us have no choice but to drive our kids to school, especially now that most families have both parents working. Also, many of the kids at the school live in surrounding villages with routes that are unsafe for walking.

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 21 Aug 2017, 21:54

Perhaps locals could I don't know do something Novel like walk go back in time and reduce the traffic I am as bad drive down and park behind the Coop also the old days parents used to walk their kids to school that's getting very dangerous by the school with every one using cars it's got to be healthier and better all round to leave your car at home. Perhaps we could have a 2 week trial kids are walked to school you'll talk to some one new if you journeys less than a mile you walk it fines for those that don't (fines to go to a nominated local charity) in the old days there was more shops in town and less cars.

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Mon 21 Aug 2017, 20:13

One of the things I think really needs to be addressed in Charlbury is the completely inadequate town parking. I love the way the town centre feels revived by the new Deli location. I'd like to more of the old premises reused as destinations, restaurants and other places. BUT there's really no where to park for increased trade. I like what you suggest Miles but feel it needs some joined up planning.

Miles Walkden
👍

Mon 21 Aug 2017, 16:03

I dont know much about this, but if an area like Rushy Bank (or another spot) was identified as somewhere Charlbury residents were more keen on building, is there some mechanism to present this as an idea. Builders could then apply to submit plans, including affordable housing, help with school expansion, playing areas, etc. It would take the combative nature of the process away and give some control to Charlbury, rather than this constant war of attrition.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.