Is the Corner House committee missing a trick?

Pearl Manners
👍

Mon 21 Aug 2017, 12:35 (last edited on Mon 21 Aug 2017, 12:46)

Oh sorry I didn't know they had moved Leah.It is a little while since I stopped using them so obviously missed the move.

Leah Fowler
👍

Mon 21 Aug 2017, 12:32

Meals on wheels operate from the new kitchen in the hall, they have done for some months

Pearl Manners
👍

Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:58

Plus where 'Meals on Wheels ' operates from would find it difficult to find a new home I would imagine.

mandy
👍

Mon 21 Aug 2017, 09:59

When they had there open day a last month i was surprised the amount of groups that use the corner house on a weekly basis. Which is great for the corner house well done to all involved in keeping it up and running and i hope there is many years left in it. a great little place for meetings coffee morning s and so much more.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Mon 21 Aug 2017, 08:51

Don't think you should write off the Corner house just yet Mark just because the Library has moved out that building has many more years ahead of it.

stephen cavell
👍

Mon 21 Aug 2017, 08:32

That is interesting 'a community shop' in aid of the Corner House. Was it a one off or will it become a regular event? Will the next one be advertised on the Events page?

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 21 Aug 2017, 01:26

Why should it be used less?

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 20 Aug 2017, 21:56

What ,if any , are the plans for the future use of the corner house as it will be used less and assume have a reduced income ?

Neil Pakenham-Walsh
👍

Sat 19 Aug 2017, 17:13

Hi Liz, Thanks for the suggestion. As the volunteer who runs the community bookshop I think the current location in the Oliver Watney Room is fine. The only disadvantage is that it is not easily accessible to those with limited mobility. The new space in the old library opens up new possibilities for use (whereas the Oliver Watney room was never much used before it became a community bookshop because it is a thoroughfare). Today I was encouraged to see the old library space was used for the first time as a community shop for people to bring unwanted items for others to buy and make donations to the Corner House. I have a sense this could work as a regular Saturday morning 'exchange' and it would complement Christine Elliot's wonderful bring-and-take in the Memorial Hall. If for whatever reason this does not take off, I'm sure there are many other ways the old library space could be used.

Liz Reason
👍

Sat 19 Aug 2017, 16:47

The library's gone. The amazing Deli has opened, bringing people down to the centre in droves. We know that coffee, cake and books are a marriage made in heaven..... So why not immediately bring the wonderful bookshop downstairs into the former library space and cement the deal

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.