Time for some new direction ?

Jo King
👍

Fri 25 Aug 2017, 16:11

Very commendable Simon that you are planning to tidying up the tour of Britain route through Charlbury . Hope Highways will similarly improve Charlbury road surfaces, which are in terrible state in places.

Simon Walker
👍

Thu 24 Aug 2017, 10:42

Wendy - to put it as succinctly as possible - if jobs like cleaning off signs need doing, it's now up to all of us who live here. That's why we now have the working party, who will be doing what they can to smarten up at least the route of the Tour of Britain on the morning of Saturday 2nd September. Things like installing new signage is a somewhat different matter, and what we don't need is a proliferation of signs that add more visual clutter to the town centre. Sign positioning needs careful consideration, to ensure that they are informative without being intrusive. Something for the Town Council to consider, perhaps?

Wendy Bailey
👍

Thu 24 Aug 2017, 10:23

Interesting comments, who would be responsible for doing these jobs?

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Mon 21 Aug 2017, 08:54

Well lets hope that all the notice boards will of been tidied up before the influx of people in September.

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 20 Aug 2017, 21:50 (last edited on Mon 21 Aug 2017, 13:15)

The only sign needed is one with a camera on it - warning of the weight limit over the river bridge or a larger one to stop cars and cyclists going up market street the wrong way - one day soon a cyclist is going to be seriously injured or worse as I assume they should comply with the regulations ?

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sun 20 Aug 2017, 08:05

And talking of signs of an unloved community, Tim, what about the glazed Town Council boards? The one near me has posters and notices months and months out of date, and it's filthy. It gives a terrible impression to us who live here, never mind the visitors!

Janet Sly
👍

Sat 19 Aug 2017, 22:34

A sign near the Deli pointing to the Post Office (and all the other useful stuff it sells) would be useful as anyone who does not know Charlbury would not know that it is there.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Sat 19 Aug 2017, 11:12

I see that Charlbury could be expecting a fair amount of visitors with the Tour of Britain coming in September, over the "summer" ( and I use that word loosely) with everything that has been going on i.e festivals, increased cyclist visits and walkers etc perhaps its time to do a revamp on the signage ?
It would be good to have the train station directions on a few more places maybe on the signpost outside the Rose and crown it could be here but also it could have one for the walkers/cyclist so that they can have the scenic route through St Marys churchyard (disclaimer nothing wrong with Market st before anyone starts shouting ) the notice board on church st (on the wall by the Rose and Crown) is in a shocking state and either needs replacing or removing perhaps the one next to it that usually has the train details in it could be used instead as it's seem to be empty the majority of the time and being empty gives the sign of an unloved community.
I'm sure there are many other places that the signage could do with an overhaul but do agree that needs to be the essentials so that it's not sign city.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.