How to make sure you keep your black recycling boxes

Liz Leffman
👍

Fri 21 Jul 2017, 16:10

Please see my posting in the News section with an update about black boxes v wheelie bins. In summary, you will be able to keep your black boxes if you have no space for a wheelie bin and/or no means of being able to get it onto the street for collection without it having to go through the house.

Nancy Whitfield
👍

Fri 21 Jul 2017, 12:05

When my two recycling boxes were damaged beyond use by rough handling, WODC said to put them into the landfill wheelie bin, as they are not recyclable! So I decided to continue to use them, and if the rubbish fell out of the badly cracked bases it wasn't my problem, but theirs, at 6am, their collection time for Park Street.

Stephen Andrews
👍

Fri 21 Jul 2017, 10:29

I will re-use a black box if there are any going spare - particularly if it is one of the old design - the one WODC supplied to replace a box that went walkabout partially shattered on its first bin outing. I will probably occasionally still need a second for two-weeks' worth of glass. Message me once the boxes are not needed.

John Munro
👍

Fri 21 Jul 2017, 09:14

Won't you need at least one black box for glass bottles? (And maybe a second one if you ever want to recycle small electrical items/textiles etc which have to go in a separate black box)?

Judith Haynes
👍

Thu 20 Jul 2017, 18:54

I am happy to have a wheelie bin for recycling, but is there any way we can recycle our black boxes? I really do not need them for anything else!

Liz Leffman
👍

Thu 20 Jul 2017, 18:30

At the Environment Committee today we discussed the letter that WODC sent out about the new recycling system and officers said that if people would like to keep their black recycling boxes in preference to having another wheelie bin, they should ring WODC Customer Services on 01993 861000, and tell them that they intend to keep the boxes. Wheelie bins are being delivered now, and have been given out in Chipping Norton so Charlbury will be next, I think. They will be delivered to all households so if you don't want one please tell Customer Services when you call them that you would like to have the bin taken back.

It may take a while to get it removed - garden bins are still waiting to be collected.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.