Writing "dvd" is shouting?? How?

Trevor Taylor
👍

Sat 10 Jun 2017, 20:29

Indeed. A few glitches are but a small price to pay for such a valuable Charlbury asset. All strength to your coding elbow Richard.

Liz Reason
👍

Sat 10 Jun 2017, 17:54

For which we are very grateful Richard, as ever.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sat 10 Jun 2017, 10:08

It does need some refinement, but at the moment I'm concentrating on rewriting the whole basis of the site to make it more future-proof and maintainable, rather than just fixing little bits here and there.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sat 10 Jun 2017, 02:05

What particularly annoyed me is that I got the message dumped with no warning an no option to re-edit it!

Tony H Merry
👍

Fri 9 Jun 2017, 21:14

I would point you all to the post 'civility' by Richard as site administrator which outlines the etiquette of internet postings which I believe is generally accepted.
I understand that DVD would be understood to denote digital versatile disc so perhaps use the full name

Trevor Taylor
👍

Fri 9 Jun 2017, 20:47

You are not alone. It didn't like 'apcoa' either. I now whisper the word but admit it offends not just the software.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 9 Jun 2017, 17:32

I've just had a detailed and very specific outline of a bit of old computer hardware I am needing to scrounge to help solve a problem.

Because I used uppercase to write the name "dvd" it was dumped.

Methinks your no shouting filter needs some refinement.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.